“Food was good. Some was Organic. Restaurant was for the most part, clean.”
Review of Elevation Burger

Elevation Burger
Ranked #126 of 194 Restaurants in Bangor
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The first thing that I noticed was that the eating area was clean. The 2nd thing was the prep area, which you can see from the order counter. It too was clean. The men's room was OK (not dirty and not sparkling clean - just OK). I would not hesitate to eat there again.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

This is the most disorganized burger joint on the planet. After standing in line for 20 minutes we are told it will be an hour for food. Are you kidding me. It's just a burger and fries!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The burgers at Elevation burger were excellent. I had a spicy burger that was one of my favorites that I have ever had and my wife had a cheeseburger that was very good as well. The fries were slightly overlooked but overall the food was worth the trip.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first Elevation experience, and my husband and I went with high hopes. (We are, in fact, vegetarians who try to buy local, organic, and fresh food whenever possible. That said, we both took the plunge and ordered full-on classics: Original Burgers and Fries, with malt shakes. This was my first red meat in over six years!)

The restaurant was bright and nicely finished, the bathroom clean. There was an employee sweeping the floor in the dining room, and two more behind the counter.

The man who took our order wore a shirt with the word Manager on it. He was not rude but by no means friendly or welcoming. He asked the man sweeping the floor to make our two shakes. That man, whose shirt also had Manager on it, put down his dustpan and broom then reached into the freezer and removed a large container of ice cream. I immediately said, "Excuse me. Would you please wash your hands before you make our shakes?" He looked at me, slightly taken aback, and complied.

Elevation Burger advertises itself as a locally owed and operated purveyor of high quality, grass-fed, free range, organic beef burgers and natural fries. That's exactly what we got, and we both agreed the burgers were very good, and the fries were excellent. The shakes were also excellent.

Based solely on the food, I would give EB five circles. There was no ambient music playing inside, leaving the dining room a bit uninviting, so we opted to sit outside. Sadly, the outside tables were not not exactly clean. For these two reasons I dropped my rating by one.

We left Elevation Burger with a bad taste in our mouths due to the sanitary misstep of one of the managers. State regulations require hand hygiene prior to handling or preparing any food item for sale. It should be second nature to anyone working in a restaurant. This resulted in the dropping of a second circle.

I hope this location can rally its troops and live up to the EB hype. Bangor is experiencing a revival of sorts, and a place like this could fit very nicely. I wish them well.

1  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 17 May 2017

This burger place has so much possibility. From the outside, it looks like it could be an upscale McDonalds or Burger King (if there is such a thing). And, they serve Beer!! The specialty burgers, while appealing on the menu, turn out to be huge greasy globs that are hard to handle and you can't finish unless you are a 300 lb football player or construction worker. It's better to make your own burger order and keep it simple.

I like the concept, it just needs some work.

Been to Elevation Burger? Share your experiences!