“An absolute must to stay and play”

Hollywood Casino Bangor Hotel
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 28 December 2009

If you are looking for an enjoyable get away, this place is the place to go.my husband and I recently went for a getaway and enjoyed everything about the stay. the hotel is luxurious and grand. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly.The buffett was delicious with something for everyones taste buds.and for those who like to gamble there is the casino what more can I say all of this under one roof. will I return again you bet ya

There are newer reviews for Hollywood Casino Bangor Hotel

Reviewed 19 December 2009

Just returned from a two night stay. Enjoyed hotel very much. Wanted to try one of the newer hotels in Bangor and while we are not gamblers this location gave us a place to stroll in the evening and also covered parking. Nice in the winter. The room was excellent, large and very clean. Nicely decorated with great beds, linens and toiletries. Breakfast buffet was included and was more than sufficient. Staff were really all very good but the front desk staff could be a bit more helpful. Staffer had me unloading my luggage outside in a storm when all I had to do was park in the garage and walk in from the garage. Hello? I was following her instructions! Still this was a fine hotel and I highly recommend it. Just wish hotels in Bangor weren't do darn expensive!

Reviewed 3 December 2009

use the voucher to book a nights stay as well as a buy one get one free buffet,well worth it. We got a pleasent surprise when we checked in,we also got a voucher for breakfast. All in all well worth it.

Reviewed 29 November 2009

We live locally to Hollywood slots, but wanted to spend a night out without our kids and decided to stay here. This is by far the nicest hotel in the area. The staff is excellent, and if for any reason you are not satisfied, management makes it right! Hotel is located right downtown and includes the slots, a large buffet (well priced-breakfast and dinner) and snack court along with some great live bands. Hotel is beautiful, parking is in a garage. Located right downtown, there are several shops, stores, restaurants and bars within walking distance. Rooms are big and beautiful. Location is perfect because Bangor is fairly small and easy to get around. Hotel is right off from the highway.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Kaijah8
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We so enjoyed our trip to Hollywood Slots Hotel and Raceway. The friendly staff made us feel at home. The rooms were beautifully decorated and so clean as was all the facility. The food was delicious and the service exemplary. We enjoyed ourselves on the gaming floor and also just looking at at all the beautiful photos, lining the main corridors, of the Hollywood greats. Everything seemed so well organized and ran as smooth as silk. Can't wait for or next visit.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My 20 yr old daughter & I went for a shopping weekend and really were impressed with this new hotel in Bangor. The rooms & hotel were very nice, 4 plus star..however we noticed some people staying there were hmm how do I put this nicely... Let's just say that I do NOT recommend this hotel for famalies, or traveling with children. We felt the casino brought in some nice people, mostly older but also some very drunk, very unrulely & untrustworthy people.

Our first night was a good nights sleep, but our second was interrupted by BANGING on the door..some drunks thought our room was their friends..when they realized they had the wrong room they began banging on the friends door for over 30 minutes..VERY LOUDLY!! Apparently their friend has passed out cold. Did I mention this was 3 am.. this went on and on and on for hours.. they were too drunk to know enuf to take a key and their friend kept passing out. When mentioned at the front desk they didn't seem to care............

Needless to say we did not feel safe, or have a decent sleep our 2nd nite and couldnt wait to leave the next day!! Oh wait, did I mention how the maids kept knocking on our door to see when we would leave the next morning..sooo basically NO SLEEP AT ALL..

Thanks Hollywood Slots Hotel..

Also we couldnt wait to try the buffet (only restaurant in the bldg by the way) and were terribly shocked to have someone tell us to WAIT A SECOND.. then seat a couple who came 10 min after us but the lady had a cane. (saw the cashier wisper something to the host).. then he ignored us and seated them.??????????? Did I mention I also had a cane.?? Not sure why they were soo important..but I prefer places that everyone feels special. Both my daughter and myself had terrible cramps from the food ..

again Thanks Hollywood Hotel
ps this casino has no tables..lots of disappointed customers so I guess they got drunk and unrulely instead

The rooms and hotel itself is beautiful tho, hopefully they will work out the "types" and perhaps seperate those from "famalies" .. not to mention get a "normal restaurant"

A huge bonus for this hotel is their is a TIM HORTON'S 3 minutes away for all u Cdns who need their caffeine fix :) .. also liked how it was conveniently located d/t.

If u have any questions I welcome them..

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank kmorrison4
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We decided to come to Maine for our honeymoon because both of us love the outdoors. Hollywood Hotel was recommended by friends and we are so happy that we chose to stay there. The staff is extremely nice and always ready to help you find places to go or things to do. We got two different packages. We got the romance package for the first night, the room was beautiful. They had Champagne chilling, chocolate covered strawberries, fresh cut flowers, a free dinner and a free breakfast voucher (the food was outstanding) waiting for us. We were blown away by the attention to detail and it made our first night as a married couple unforgettable. We also got the getaway package which includes an amazing massage right in your hotel room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that comes to Maine. Its close to Bar Harbor (great shopping), Acadia National Park (must go to Cadillac Mountain), and so much more. I want to thank the staff at the Hotel for making this the most memorable trip I have ever taken.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple