“Fun stop-over on our way back home from NH”

Hollywood Casino Bangor Hotel
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Hollywood slots provided us with a place to stay on our way back home after a shopping trip to NH. The hotel is very new and the room was large and very well equipped with a nice flat screen TV. We spent some time at the slots and ate at the buffet. The food was reasonably priced, but the selection was probably better than the quality. It was good, but nothing really special.

All in all our, it is a fun place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kennyBNewbrunswick

Reviewed 2 March 2010

I was not told I had to have a credit card (which I do not have so had to waite for my son to get ther so I could use his) I was very surprised that their were no exhaust fans in the bathroom had to leave door open so mirror wouldn,t steam up..Also very surprised that their wre no wall light switches only the night light by the door almost fell trying to find the lamps...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Rooms are very clean, and spacious; with wall mounted TVs. Most of the staff is friendly, especially all the maintenance staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lukeniedner
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I've stayed here a couple times on business. The rooms are very modern, clean and close to town. Flat screen TVs, big comfortable beds and very nice bathrooms. The free covered parking in the winter is key, as you won't have to clean your car in the morning. Having the casino on site is key. The free breakfast in the morning is adequate. All in all, nicest place to stay in Bangor, hands down. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank mainetoday
Reviewed 15 January 2010

My wife and I love to travel and getaway together and we have found just the place, right in our own backyard. At Hollywood Slots Hotel and Raceway in Bangor,Maine (about a 2 hour drive from our home here in Maine). You actually feel like your on a vacation. When we travel to places like the Caribbean we enjoy gambling, but having this wonderful facility so close to home is absolutely enjoying. The hospitallity is 1st class without a doubt. Talk about clean, you have it here, and I'm a clean freak( I don't mind saying so ).The rooms are very nicely decorated and comfortable. The bathrooms in the rooms are gorgeous, you would have to see it to believe what I'm saying, again 1st class. No 20" T.V. here we are talking 46" if not bigger flat screen to the wall with HD.
The gaming staff and bartenders are the most friendliest people and very courteous. We also enjoyed the food here very much. The Epic Buffett here at this hotel absolutely delicious. You can choose from so many different varieties like scruptious seafood dishes that includes seafood newburgh, peel and eat shrimp, colossal crab legs with drawn hot butter, chinese food, carving stations, and so much more to mention.Oh, and their breakfast and lunch buffett is wonderful as well.
So if you are in the Bangor,Maine area for vacation or a business meeting, convention you should definetly check this place out, oh I forgot to mention they have a beautiful meeting facility there as well. Anyway I highly recommend checking this place out. It's a wonderful drive only 3.5 hours from Boston and 2.5 from Portland and minutes from Bangor Intrnational Airport. Check it out. I know my wife and I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2010

For our second visit to Hollywood Slots first time spending the night. I found the girls at the reception desk very unpleasant. We had to ask the girl where we park and how to get to our room she was very short with us. We left not knowing where to park and had to figure out on our own how to get to our room from the parking garage. As far as the rooms they were clean and very nice. The buffet breakfast was very good. \spent some time in the casino the evening we stayed it was very entertaining. Would definatly would stay again just hope the reception would be a little more pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2009

If you are looking for an enjoyable get away, this place is the place to go.my husband and I recently went for a getaway and enjoyed everything about the stay. the hotel is luxurious and grand. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly.The buffett was delicious with something for everyones taste buds.and for those who like to gamble there is the casino what more can I say all of this under one roof. will I return again you bet ya

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple