“There in the time of need.”
Review of Courtyard Bangor

Courtyard Bangor
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Newburgh, New York
“There in the time of need.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Last week I went with my son to set up his apartment because he attends college at Husson University. This hotel was the only one that had a room available near my sons apartment. The service was excellent . I arrived late and it was no problem. The room was excellent, very clean and the décor was very upscale. The bed was comfortable., This will be my hotel of choice every time I visit BANGOR . easy ACCESSS TO MAIN HIGHWAYS and malls.resturaunt on site. So many amminities.

Room Tip: check with a travel service like expedia or Travelocity they may give you a better rate than the h...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mary c
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard Bangor, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I'm glad we were able to host you while you were visiting your son at Husson College. Thank you for mentioning our clean & upscale rooms. Our staff takes a lot of pride in the quality of services we offer, I'll share your comments with them. We look forward to your next visit!

Doreen Salls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was a quiet hotel, it was clean and very nice. It was not in the best location for restaurants, there were a few, but not to many close and the one in the hotel was very expensive. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gilberttraveler56
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott, and for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I noticed your concern about pricing in our Bistro, and I'm sorry it seemed expensive. We believe our prices to be comparable to other hotel restaurants in the area; however I'll revisit our findings due to your concern. There are a wide variety of restaurants located within five minutes of our hotel. Both nationally recognized chains & locally owned restaurants reside one street away from us. Please stop by our front desk when you're in the area again, our Guest Service Associates would love to assist you with restaurant recommendations.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked last minute and got a very good rate. The rooms were large and comfortable. The one thing wrong with this hotel is the queue for breakfast. They have a bistro concept where you go and order at a counter. The trouble was that at 8:30 they had only two staff and a very long queue. It was so long that I left and ate elsewhere

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank W1Tom
Thank you for visiting the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott. I'm happy that you found our accommodations spacious. I'm so sorry that you experienced a long line at the Bistro counter. Unfortunately this occasionally occurs during peak breakfast hours. I've also noticed that families & groups tend to arrive at the Bistro together which can give the appearance of a lot of people waiting to order. Please allow me to assure you that our staff is very efficient and utilizes a number of different strategies to make certain that we move the line quickly. I'm disappointed to hear that you chose to eat elsewhere due to the number of the people in the lobby area. I think our efficiency may have surprised you if you had chosen to dine in the Bistro. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you'll consider staying with us if your travels bring you back to Bangor.

New Brunswick
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Hi..we have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Bangor a few times. We are a family of 5 and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. As Marriott rewards members, we make it a point to stay at the Marriott.

There are a couple of drawbacks you should be aware of; no free breakfast. Not a deal breaker but you can either stay here and pay to eat (the breakfast is good) or go elsewhere. Further, there was at one time free coffee and tea in the lobby. No more. You are now forced to purchase coffee and tea from Starbucks in the lobby. A little chincey in my opinion. How much does coffee and tea really cost Marriott? Let's be honest, not much. The goodwill they would gain from providing the beverages would far outweigh any monetary cost.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard Bangor, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Bangor, and thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

I'm happy to hear that you've stayed at our property numerous times! Thank you for your loyalty! You mentioned that there are five members of your family; are you aware of our Stay for Breakfast package? It represents a significant savings for families since breakfast is included in the rate. You can enjoy our delicious Morning Scramble or Day Break Fried Eggs as well as a hot cup of Starbucks Coffee to wake you up. Looking for a lighter morning meal? We also have fresh Strawberries or Yogurt parfaits available. I understand your concerns about the availability of complimentary coffee. Complimentary coffee is now located in your guest room, and if you prefer tea we can also provide you with complimentary tea bags at check in. Please contact one of our Front Desk Associates who will be happy to assist you. Please make sure to say hello on your next visit, I would love to meet you and personally treat you & your family to a complimentary cup of Starbucks. Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed here one night in the one bedroom suite. This was the last hotel we stayed in on our journey and was by far the best of all of them. Suite is a full one bedroom - large living room, bedroom area and bathroom with a little walk out patio (first floor). Sleek and modern room and amenities. Very clean. Terrific overall stay. Close to the highway and all the normal restaurants. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
BangorCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Bangor, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Guest,

We're glad you stopped in for the night and we’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed one of our our Executive Suites. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others on Trip Advisor and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Take Care,
Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Our family of 4 regularly stays here and we often book the larger room with 2 beds. We love staying here-pool is small but clean, hot tub is hot, Starbucks coffee in lobby is a bonus (although not complimentary, still nice that its available). The only thing I would say is missing is free breakfast.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Bangor. I really enjoyed reading your review and I'm happy to hear that your guestroom pleasantly accommodated your family of four. As you pointed out, we proudly serve Starbucks in our Bistro 24 hours a day. Our guests really love this feature of our hotel. I wanted to mention that breakfast can be included with your room. Look for and reserve the Stay for Breakfast package rate on Marriott.com/bgrcy. It includes a full, hot breakfast made to order for 2 adults and 2 children ages 12 and under.
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Bangor area.
Boston, MA
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for an overnight on our way back from Halifax. The hotel is on a quiet side road and away from noise and/or traffic. The interior is very attractive as per Marriot's usual standard. Wifey and I enjoyed a drink at the hotel bar in the lobby- the drinks were tasty and the atmosphere relaxing. Our room was clean, the staff very nice and the overall experience good.

Room Tip: The ice machine on our floor (2nd-?) sounded like a idling 18 wheeler trailer truck with a wood chip...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yogi29035
BangorCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Bangor, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Well now, I think that's the first "fine and dandy" we've received! Love it! Thank you! Glad to hear your stay was quiet, clean and relaxing.
We hope you'll visit us again when your travels take you through Bangor.

At your service,