This hotel is right off I-95. It is about a 10 minute drive from the hotel into downtown Bangor or downtown Brewer (close, but not walking distance). There is a LOT near the hotel; Target, Walmart, a huge mall, tons of chain restaurants (fast food and sit-down). There is nothing really within walking distance, you would need a car – but all those stores are a very quick drive up the main road - you can see them from the hotel. Acadia National Park is about a 45 minute - to an hour drive away. There is plenty of free parking, and good free wi-fi.
This hotel is awesome. First, it is super clean. Second, there is a very friendly staff – everybody was so nice. I loved everything about the hotel. Third, my room was perfect. It was really spacious, and I loved the big bathroom - it had had nice shelving, and a longer-than-usual tub, with like a little bench area; that was so nice. The beds were comfy and the room was spotlessly clean. I had a reservation for 2 days, then added another day, then another; I ended up staying 5 days because the place was so great.
They don’t feed you at this hotel, so no free breakfast. But, there is a very nice little café in the lobby. There’s a Starbucks there and you can order breakfast, then it closes – then opens again for dinner. I didn’t eat at this one, but I have at other Courtyards and the breakfast is pretty good. The only thing I got here was good coffee. They also serve alcohol at night, I believe.
Now, most important – something I really loved – there was a recycling bin in the room! I travel a LOT, and this is maybe only the second time I have seen that. I always wonder why hotels are not required to recycle. It was surprising because I had just come from a New Hampshire hotel that did not recycle (I thought NH recycled everything!). So, I was happy to see when I got into Maine they had this bin. It made me love this hotel even more. I could go on and on like I usually do, but I won’t. This is a great place. Stay here, you won’t regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience true Maine hospitality at the new Courtyard by Marriott. As one of the premier hotels in Bangor, Maine, the new Courtyard by Marriott design offers the latest technology, amenities and décor that exceed the expectations of today's business and leisure traveler. Yes, you can get there from here! With quick access from our Bangor, Maine hotel’s location near I95, travelers are just minutes from the Bangor International Airport and area corporations, including the University of Maine Orono (Go Black Bears!), Eastern Maine Healthcare, Husson College, Cianbro and General Electric. Maine's famous lakes, mountains and coastline are just a short, scenic drive away from our hotel. Additionally, as one of the most accommodating hotels near Bangor, ME, our friendly, knowledgeable staff can direct you to top attractions and local favorites like Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, The Maine Highland region and Baxter State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Bangor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Bangor Hotel Bangor
- Courtyard By Marriott Bangor Maine