“Met all expectations”

Hilton Garden Inn Bangor
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Our stay here was great. It started as I checked in at the desk, the person at the front desk asked for my last name to check in and before it was half out of my mouth he was able to find my info and quickly book me into my room. He explained everything, such as the free coffee and free internet center,( 2 computers/printer/copier/fax). Rooms and hotel was very clean, and the maids were friendly as well. We were also treated to a free wine and cheese tasting one evening. Pool/hot tub area was great, since we were staying mid week, we had the whole pool area to ourselves. Pool a bit on the smaller side, but did just fine for our purposes, also a fitness room which I did not check out. The room itself was maybe a tad on the small side, but very clean, and quite modern. The mattress on the bed actually had an adjustable firmess setting, which I didnt tinker with really, but Im sure a useful feature. The breakfast for 9.95 was great, buffet style, with everything and also a chef to cook your eggs however you like,with cheese/ham/veggies. My breakfast was great both times. Location was great, 2 minutes from Bangor Mall and many restaurants and other shops. This hotel was well worth the 116 we paid per night, and would highly reccomend this Hilton to others who are looking to spend a bit more, but still a reasonable amount on a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
rahenyirl, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2011

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for kind coments regarding to our hotel. Our employee's enjoy reading the comments thst our customers leave on Trip Advisor. It helps us make better operational dicissions for our future guests. Thank you!

Reviewed 18 November 2010

Just returned from a business trip to the Bangor area I stayed for 4 nights here at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bangor. I would like to say it was a total pleasure to have stayed at such a wonderful hotel. The staff were very friendly and made me feel very welcome from beginning to the end. The room was fabulous everything you could want and more.
Slept like a baby in the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.Rooms are OUTSTANDING!!! The breakfast and dining area are very elegant with the best food and service, plus in the evening they had wine tasting with entertainment in the lovely bar.
Which I totally enjoyed.Also they have a pool, jacuzzi and gym room I would reccomend this hotel to anyone visiting the Bangor area you can tell they take pride in everything
they do and believe me it shows.
You will love it!!! Excellent value for your money, quality and service. OUTSTANDING!!!!! :)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stayed one night at the HGI en route to Bar Harbor mainly because my flight didn't get to Bangor until 11pm. Check in was smooth, the staff was nice and the bed was very comfy. It was a pleasant enough stay but the fridge had leftover bottles and cans from the previous occupant, the water is too soft, and the hotel costs too much for something of this class to not offer free breakfast. At least they had free wi-fi. I would stay here again but I would seriously look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
rahenyirl, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2010

Dear Guest:

We really do appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor. We feel that Trip Advisor is a very important tool to help us communicate with our customers. Your feed back is very important to us. We have great pride in our hotel and it's team members. Our goal is to have outstanding customer satisfaction. We will be sharing your review with our team members. Our goal is to provide the best possible service that our customers have come to expect while staying at our Hilton Garden Inn - Bangor. We would not be able to achieve our goals with out the support of our customers.

Reviewed 7 October 2010

Hotel personnel happy and willing to help in all areas. Brought me a recliner! - wonderful since the stay was a 7 day.
Breakfast custom made each day.
Staff directed us to dining and entertainment usually reserved for locals.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

We really do appreciate your kind comments. Our hotel team members works extremely hard every day to maintain the highest standards that our customers expect. Your feed back is very important to the future operations of our Hilton Garden Inn - Bangor. Once again, thanks for taking the time to write a review for our future guests.

Reviewed 6 October 2010

We had a great stay at this Hilton. It is very, very clean. I only opened about two years ago, but everything still looks new. I was very pleased that there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The bathrooms were also very clean. The bed was comfortable, and the room was spacious and quiet. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and talkative. There also appeared to be a hotel shuttle (which I believe is free!) although we did not use it. We have never had a bad experience with Hilton!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

On behalf of our Hilton Garden Inn hotel team. I would like to thank you for the positive comments made about our hotel. We really do appreciate the response.

Thanks a million!

Reviewed 23 September 2010

Stayed here for one night in early September and then again 10 days letter. Good location as it is close to Bangor Mall and many chain restaurants in general vicinity.Rooms are spacious , good amenities and many nice touches / services throughout-free cookies and newspapers in lobby plus free coffee , free wifi, business center , pantry in lobby etc. Card access for entry in close proximity to rooms. Slightly more expensive than some of the competition but well worth the price. Ate in the restaurant three times -twice for dinner and once for breakfast. Dinners-good service,better food and recommended over noisy chains.
Breakfast was $10 buffet -good selection with hot line but several items were cold and hence the "almost" in the my review title.I suspect a problem with the warming trays and this
was reported to the desk but not sure if this was a singular occurrence. Nonetheless this is a very nice property and is recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Our hotel team like to thank you for writing a response on trip advisor. We have shared your comments with our team members. Comments are very important to us. It helps us improve and develop higher standards that our customers have come to expect. Our team strives to improve our hotel operations in all areas. Our goal is try and exceed the expectations of our customers. We thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at while visiting Bangor.

Thank you!

Reviewed 21 September 2010

If you want to be treated like family then you found the # 1 choice. When I travel to Maine on business I make this hotel my home. I will travel many miles a day to stay here. From the minute you walk through the door and I will use Brandon as an example, I was welcomed back and by name. I went to the restaurant and it's been a while since I've been in, Michelle immediately said welcome back-we haven't seen you for a while. The rooms are beautiful, the food is delicous, the staff is so professional and when you look at the big picture it is the BEST VALUE in New England.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business