“Very Quaint.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangor
Riverside Inn Bangor
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Southington, Connecticut
“Very Quaint.”
Reviewed 21 December 2010

The lobby looks like a regular hotel lobby, but the room reminds me of a quaint bed and breakfast. With a small round table, and two mahogany antique chairs. A large television, large dresser, and two beautiful mirrors, all made from mahogany. The mahogany head board on the bed reminds me something from the Victorian era. A very comfortable recliner, and bed. It is connected by a series of hallways to the hospital, so I can walk and visit my grandmother without getting wet in the rain. The only thing I did not like, is the shower head was missing, and some of the wallpaper was peeling. But other than that, its wonderful.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank AntiAdioDC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I have no idea how anyone could say they liked this motel. The minute I walked in the room I started to cry. This was the last motel available in the Bangor area and increase their price did they ever. We had two very small single beds, smallest room I had ever seen and the price was over $100 a night. This would be ok at a discount for someone who is seeing someone at the hospital, other than that, I would not recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bangor hotels

Lockport, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2010

My sister and I stayed in Bangor for a few days on family business. The Riverside Inn provided a very pleasant, relaxed and restful place to end the day. The breakfast room had a good variety of easy choices with an attendant to help and replenish as needed. I particularly liked the Christmas decorations that gave a homey ambiance and the "day of the week" mats in the elevator. Charming!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 21 January 2010

If you need to spend the night at EMMC it would be fine. Otherwise there are many choices at $99.00 per night plus tax. The room was small (at my request) and the lobby smelled like a hospital. The bed was uncomfortable and the towels were thin. I was cold and could not figure out how to set the temperature..

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Jo Maine
warwick, ri
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I needed a room near the hospital at the last minute, to visit a sick relative on Thanksgiving weekend, this place is connected to the hospital and extremely reasonable in price, the room was a decent size, very clean, and they have put in a new heat system (no noise). Yes it is an older place, but it is a great deal!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Halifax, NS
Reviewed 6 May 2009

We just spent one night here during a travels, the room was large enough and very clean, the lady working on the front desk was nice and helpful. We did have a small breakfast there in he morning and it was good bu basic, toast, muffins, tea, coffee.
A nice place to rest your head. I do not know how close it was to any thing in the Bangor area as we were just passing thru.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Kittery, Maine
Reviewed 12 November 2007

Since all the usual hotels were already booked we stayed here at the Riverside Inn last night. This property is connected to the Eastern Maine Medical Ctr and serves primarily as convenient lodging for families staying near patients.

Our room was comfortable with two double beds and seating area. The complimentary continental breakfast was fine and the breakfast room is spacious and comfortable.

Our only complaint would be that the steamheat pipes make a bothersome amount of noise at nght. Loud clanking and banging continued endlessly, disturbing our sleep. I doubt I'd return here unless as last resort.

• Disliked — noisy steampipes
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)