“Great Pub Fare”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When I get to Bangor-Brewer, Geaghan's is a must visit. The food is great. The beer is tasty and the service top- notch. Went with my BFF for lunch. I had a steak sandwich that was grilled and a Bangor Brown Ale. Perfection! We ate out on the deck and enjoyed the beautiful day.

Do take the time to stop in, you won't be sorry.

1  Thank Pinqylou

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We love this place. The breakfast is good, burgers are good, boneless wings are great, beer brewed on premises is outstanding.

Really nice Irish fare and pub food. Location is good, close to casino, Cross Center, and Waterfront concerts.

Nice place!

1  Thank skimaine
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Geaghan Bros Brewing Higgins Irish Red and Refueler are my favorite craft beers that are brewed here. Order a Beer and the best Boneless Wings in Bangor. If you are there in the mornings, the restaurant side is open, but the Pub opens at 11:00 am. Their breakfasts are all homemade and huge.

1  Thank Webster_88
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The restaurant passes itself off as an Irish pub but to me there was nothing to that claim. The menu is basic fare with wording to designate it as having some Irish taste to it. The food wasn't bad it just wasn't anything special. I'd be hard pressed to go back again.

2  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stopped by in the late morning after a hike in the Bangor Forest, and expected to get an early lunch at 11:30, but couldn't order till noon. Fortunately, we were able to order beer, bless their hearts.....and so I had the Refueler, a light wheat beer that I very much enjoyed. Hubs had his IPA...Bangor Tiger, which he pronounced hoppy, just like he wants it. Later he had a snifter of one of their specials (barley wine...the name escapes me), which he also liked. We started with the Irish Nachos. The potatoes were nicely done, but lacked salt and seasoning. I had the Chicken Spinach melt, which was delicious. I could eat only half, and am still kicking myself for leaving the other half in the takeout box on the table! Hubs had the Classic Reuben, which he snarfed up in good shape. There was no room for dessert. Prices are pretty good, and of course the beer is really why you come by.