“We loved it and we'll be back”

Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Moncton, Canada
“We loved it and we'll be back”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We were pleasantly greeted by the gentleman at the front desk. He was very helpful and showed us around the motel, Geaghan's Pub (great food, loved the cherry cheesecake), 24 hour coffee station and continental breakfast. I must say their Tempur-Pedic beds are so comfortable. I had a great sleep. Room also had a coffee machine in the room, small fridge, etc... and less than 15 minutes from Bangor Mall. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend the Fireside Inn in Bangor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
farmington, maine
Reviewed 23 August 2011

it was my first time in bangor to see a concert.
i reserved a room with a king size bed, and microwave/mini fridge.
what i got was a spacious room that also included a (gas) fireplace, and a hi-tech massage recliner chair. WOW!
it was hot out and the AC delivered cool air without any problems. it was the modern, digital kind you can program the temp you want.
staff was friendly and helpful.
basic continental breakfast (no dining area, you take it back to your room)
it's right across the road from hollywood slots.
a 5 minute walk to the waterfront concert pavillion. (and shaws supermarket, McD's, dunkins)
10 minute walk to the greyhound station.
i would stay there again anytime i'm in bangor!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank deedottin
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We are in the middle of Bangor's emtertainment district and we are glad you found us. I am also very proud of our staff for their hard work. We are honored to be your host while in Bangor.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed there for one night at the end of August 2011 to attend a Waterfront Concert (Bob Dylan). The hotel was very convenient cause it was an easy walk to the venue (15 minutes maximum at slow pace) and parking was available for free.

Check in went like a charm and I was welcomed with two cookies, which was nice. The man and woman at front desk were very friendly, describing every amenities the hotel had to offer (complimentary coffee and newspaper) and answering all my questions politely and accurately. Check out was no problem either.

The room was fine, two queen beds, mini-fridge and microwave, air conditioner, flat TV. Nothing fancy but had everything I needed. I was afraid of finding pets hair everywhere or feeling the smell of pets (the hotel is pet-friendly) but there were absolutely no trace of any of that and everything was clean and in order. My room was also non-smoking and very quiet (on the second floor).

The Irish pub connected to the hotel was great, good food and most of all, good beer. The hotel rate also included a breakfast in a small room where you had to bring back stuff to your room. The area was really small (could not eat there) but there were quite a few things to choose from: toasts, bagels, pastries, doughnuts, cereals, milk, orange juice, coffee. Nothing fancy (no cheese or fruits) but more than OK for me.

Without a doubt, the best thing about this hotel were their beds... there were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! I'm even thinking about purchasing that exact same bed for myself at home! (somebody can describe me what kind of bed they are exactly?). I slept like a baby and was in a top shape the next morning!

Now the cons? Nothing much... might only be the price... I paid 135$/night. I think it's just a bit expensive for a clean room but not much more. Those wanting a romantic getaway, this hotel is definitely not the place. However, It looks like there are only two hotels in this area, the other one being the Hollywood Slots Hotel next door which had rooms starting at 199$/night. I would rather stay at the Fireside. By the way, the casino is nothing to write home about, just slots, no tables.

In all fairness, I would give this hotel a 4.5.... but since I can't, I'm giving it 5 cause the only con for me was that it was just a little bit too expensive... but since I knew that from the start... and that this hotel exceeded my expectations, it deserves a 5! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a room in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SatanicSurferz
Thanks for your constructive comments. They are always appreciated, good and not so good. Our beds have been a hit ever since we purchased them. They are Temper Pedic and we have received many good comments on them. Thanks for your many kind words. Tom Palmer/GM
Houlton, Maine
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Rooms are a bit dated but clean and neat. The TempurPedic Beds are GREAT!!! Great Restaurant and Pub. Best wings in Bangor. The location is perfect, next door to Hollywood Slots and the Bangor Fair grounds across the street

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Thank you for your response! Yes, we a little bit older but improving the product all the time with things like Tempur-Pedic beds and bigger flat panel tv's. Geaghan's Pub does have great wings and they just started construction on their own brewery. Micro-brews by the end of the year!!! Hope to see you again soon! Tom Palmer/GM
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Stayed at Fireside Inn for a few nights at the end of April (2011); perfect location for us as we went to the riverfront concert (Avalanche Tour) on the Saturday night. Concert grounds were just a 5-10 minute walk from Fireside Inn.
The hotel itself is adequate; not flashy or fancy looking like the casino across the street seems to be. But the room rate was quite reasonable, and it's a fairly clean spot. Yes the bathrooms could use some modernizing, and even a small flat-screen TV would be nice, but who needs that at a brief stay -- at least there was a mini-fridge to throw a few pre-concert beer into, and there's an irish-american pub downstairs which we unfortunately never got the time to check out.
Might rate shop next time we're in Bangor, but it was nice to be able to walk to and from the concert rather than pay big bucks for cab fares.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TwoHuskyDogs
thpalmer3, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 4 June 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We love being in the heart of the Bangor entertainment district with the Waterfront Concerts. Hollywood Slots, the Auditorium and the Harness Race Track all within walking distance. Thanks for enjoying our City and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Wells
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Perfectly located in Bangor, right across the street from the Bangor Auditorium and Hollywood Slots Casino. My room had a king bed and fireplace. I had to spend one day in the room due to in climate weather and it was very relaxing. With Geaghans & Restaurant & Pub on property (excellent by the way), I didn't even need to go anywhere!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
thpalmer3, Owner at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 4 May 2011
It is great to hear from our guests! Thank you for your very kind words. Hope to meet you on your next visit to Bangor. Check out our Waterfront Concert series this summer. We are within walking distance to the venue.
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We had a great stay here. Easy access to main access routes, quick check in, quiet and clean room. What more could you ask for? We were staying one night to shop and visit family elsewhere the next day. Do yourself a favor and have a beer in Geaghan's pub (connects to the lobby). Great pub food, good price and great beer. They even have their own red ale which was very good. We would stay here again, without question.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
thpalmer3, Owner at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Thanks for your review. We are improving our hotel everyday. The foundation has been poured for the brewery so we can brew our own special beers. Geaghans Irish Pub is defiantely an asset. Hope to see you soon. Tom Palmer Partner/GM