“Great welcome for cold travelers”

Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I arrived as the temperatures were reaching 20 below and lower temperatures predicted. The single room was adequate. The beds were temperapedic and wonderful to sleep on! Restaurant bar next to the inn had great seafood and a wide selection of beers.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Brock B, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We appreciate your review and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Next time try one of our Fireplace rooms, there is nothing better than cuddling up to a cozy fire after a cold day!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Clean, staff nice but an overall dump. Others in our party did get a king bed with fireplace so those rooms were nicer... More room. Air very stale...cigarette....ugh! Restaurant good as well as staff but would never recommend staying at this "motel!" Came home with bites from something.

Room Tip: Get room with king and fireplace... Gave our party with singles those rooms and the couples had 2 qu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ncarolinafamily

Dear ncarolinafamily,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with you stay. We are working hard to update all of our rooms and our facility. We have switched the whole building to non-smoking, unfortunately some guests disregard the change. Our house keeping staff tries their best to remove the smoke odor, I am sorry to hear that in your case it was unsuccessful. I can assure you that our rooms are all pest free, we get regular checks on all of our rooms and have been guaranteed that there are no bug issues.
Again, I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. Our goal is to go above and beyond in satisfying all guests. I hope that you will give us another chance to ensure your satisfaction in our staff and facility.

Your friends at the Fireside Inn

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Our first experience was very accomodating with our pet. Very polite and helpful front desk staff, even met the houekeeing staff in the morning, very polite and pleasant. We felt safe an secure inside your facility, found it to be very reasonably priced for the facility, allowed for a later check out and pet accomodations with no extra charge was one of the reasons we cancelled our reservations with the Sheraton 4 Points and decided to give you a try, and we are glad we did. A smiling polite face at the front desk working on a holiday (Thanksgiving) was very professional and also welcoming. Overall experience was more than we expected. We will be staying with you from now on, on future trips.
The Tardies

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank-you for your review, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you visit us again in the future!

-Your friends at the Fireside Inn Bangor

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked my family here on trip between Halifax and Boston. Principle suggestion for improvement would simply be improve the air quality. My wife and children all commented on the lingering smell of cigarettes in the hallway. The room itself was clean, but the air was stale. As others have commented, the hotel is dated, which doesn't bother us in the least, but the absence of fresh air would make us unlikely to return.

The people running the hotel seemed lovely.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick M

Patrick,

Thank-you for staying with us. I am sorry to hear that the smoke odor was present during your stay. We are now an all non-smoking facility, and I assure you the air quality has improved immensely. Deep cleaning and changes such as new carpets and paint have removed the odor and given the building a fresh face. We are constantly updating and making changes to update the property. I hope you visit us again to see the improvements and allow us to ensure your full satisfaction during your next stay.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this motel to attend a holiday party across the street. The price was good. Check in & out times were very reasonable but what turned us off was the cleaniness of the rooms. The tub had hairs (5 to be exact) on it from the private area of ones body if you know what I mean. I always pull back the covers before I get into the bed and when I did this i found the pillow and bed had hair all in it too...like the sheets hadn't been changed in a while or something. I would say the last person who statyed in the room had a shedding problem. The cabinet the frig was in had about two inches of dust and crumbs in it. And the bed sucked... we both went home with major backache. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear AMS04350,

I am extremely apologetic to hear about the cleanliness issue of the room and the un-satisfaction of your stay. After looking into the problem we found that it was an issue with one employee. That person no longer works here and the current housekeeping staff ALL shares the same standard of high quality cleanliness. I hope that you will give us another chance to let us show you that the incident you faced in your last stay was absolutely not our standard. Again, our apologies, I am very sorry for your experience and hope that you allow us to make it right with your next stay.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have stayed here many times and this time was just as nice as ever! I brought my 7 year old grandson with me on this weekend trip to participate in a cancer walk near by, everyone made him feel comfortable and welcome. It was nice to have security in the parking lot that weekend as there was a concert at the waterfront park, it made us feel nice and safe even with all the extra people around!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We really appreciate your review and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank-you for staying with us and we hope to see you again next time you visit the area!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Hotel was quite good over all.Staff was very friendly, decor was a bit dated but our room was clean and was a good size for the two of us. (Girls shopping trip to the US from Canada) Really liked that our room had a microwave as well as a fridge. The only major thing was that the poor fan in the bathroom Needs to be replaced! It is on it's last legs for sure and very noisy, sounds like it was going to fall right out of the ceiling. However we would stay here again in a minute! Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued guest,

We really appreciate your review and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank-you for staying with us, We have been working hard updating the facility and we hope you come to see us again next time you visit the area!