“fantastic”

Maine Discovery Museum
Ranked #10 of 32 things to do in Bangor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Three floors, eight major exhibits, daily educational programs, and Too Much Fun!
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I took my 7 year old grandson to the museum after we participated in a cancer walk in August. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go to a museum but once we got there I had a hard time getting him to leave! He loved the tree house, the water tables and the Dino dig. We will be going back and bringing his younger siblings.

1  Thank tracy6964

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We have been members for multiple years. The facility is clean and organized with plenty to do with the little ones. They are always asking to go to the museum - which tells you a lot about how my children feel about the Maine Discovery Museum.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was a wonderful, educational time for our grandsons, ages 4 and 7. There were lots of hands-on opportunities for us to tryout and explore. In addition, we could bring lunch which helped hold down expense. We pretty much covered all the exhibits in the morning, then returned to favorites after lunch. It was a great day and a worthwhile investment of time and funds

1  Thank MSMaine
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Our 4 year old and 11 year old grandchildren had great fun and learning experiences for about 3 hours. We 5 adults also enjoyed our experience. The Museum is well-designed and although it is not as large as some others, it is a clean, quality experience. The children would have stayed all day if we let them.

1  Thank gfbutler1
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Went there during a rainy day on our recent Bar Harbor trip. The reviews looked pretty good, but I was disappointed. Found that the exhibits looked nice at first, but a lot of the "pieces" to play with in the exhibits were missing or broken, so not a lot for the kids to actually play with. My girls did like the Italian pizza kitchen food area. The Rockford, IL, Orlando, FL, and Madison, WI Children's museums are much better I thought.

1  Thank erogers1