“Great place”

Taste of India
Ranked #59 of 189 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I love trying new foods and this place is awesome! Been here a few times already and I always feel bad when I don't remember what I ordered. I love the chicken dishes that's for sure! I think it's tikka masala? I also enjoyed the naan bread.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

After a week of fried haddock, fried clams, fried scallops and weird cherry-red hotdogs we were absolutely ready for the top-notch lunch we were served at Taste of India. Located downtown in Bangor's classic downtown, the atmosphere is intimate and tidy, typical of most Indian restaurants I've been to. We started out with crispy onion bahji and samosas which came with the standard 3-sauce tray of relishes. main courses included lamb madras, tender and succulent in a rich spicy sauce, a delicious shrimp dish which was creamy and satisfying with just a hint of coconut, two kinds of fluffy biryani all accompanied by a beautiful puffed poori, fabulous nan and aloo paratha. we left with doggy bags and happy stomachs that got us all the way home to new york. next summer taste of india will be where we stop to and from our coastal vacations and you should too.

1  Thank jenny l
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were here with my parents, who were visiting. It was a very filling meal. We order 2 curries and an order of biryani and we had loads of leftover.

2  Thank 611_mcd
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I walked in and placed a take out order. We had our very active and overtired 1 year old with us. The people there helped us choose our dishes and spent time talking with our son and gave him a small dish of mango ice cream that was delicious, he really enjoyed chatting with them too. The food smelled phenomenal and the service really was amazing. We had the sampler style appetizer plate and we all loved every bit of that (the 1 year old couldn't get enough of the samosas and chicken tiki masala) the spices were great but unfortunately the main dishes were very salty...if it weren't for the extra saltiness I'd say it was the best Indian food I've had.

While we waited for our food (which wasn't a long wait) I saw into the kitchen a bit and it looked very clean. The meat in our dishes seemed to be very high quality. If we're ever back in the area I'll want to come back.

2  Thank GonnaCTheWorld
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stopped by for supper one night and would stop in again if ever in the area. The prices are about what you would expect for the type of restaurant. The food portions were more than i could eat and very good.