“Great food”

Taste of India
Ranked #46 of 191 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Spent one night in Bangor, and decided to head here for dinner. Great selection of dishes, and the food was delicious. Also, the rice portion that came with the dishes was generous. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Have eaten Indian in England and US and Bangor is among the best and lucky to have this restaurant. We eat here often.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I love trying new foods and this place is awesome! Been here a few times already and I always feel bad when I don't remember what I ordered. I love the chicken dishes that's for sure! I think it's tikka masala? I also enjoyed the naan bread.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

After a week of fried haddock, fried clams, fried scallops and weird cherry-red hotdogs we were absolutely ready for the top-notch lunch we were served at Taste of India. Located downtown in Bangor's classic downtown, the atmosphere is intimate and tidy, typical of most Indian restaurants I've been to. We started out with crispy onion bahji and samosas which came with the standard 3-sauce tray of relishes. main courses included lamb madras, tender and succulent in a rich spicy sauce, a delicious shrimp dish which was creamy and satisfying with just a hint of coconut, two kinds of fluffy biryani all accompanied by a beautiful puffed poori, fabulous nan and aloo paratha. we left with doggy bags and happy stomachs that got us all the way home to new york. next summer taste of india will be where we stop to and from our coastal vacations and you should too.

1  Thank jenny l
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were here with my parents, who were visiting. It was a very filling meal. We order 2 curries and an order of biryani and we had loads of leftover.

2  Thank 611_mcd

Been to Taste of India? Share your experiences!