“Our New Favorite Restaurant”
Review of Chopsticks

Chopsticks
Ranked #23 of 187 Restaurants in Bangor
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: A simple Chinese family restaurant. Will always do our best to provide full and complete service
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My husband and I had been fans of Chopsticks when Christine owned it, and we were reluctant when there was a change in ownership. But a friend told us to give it a try and we are so glad we did. It was so good, we returned in three days. My husband loves the Spicy Shrimp. He had it both times as an entree, and both times, brought home a second helping. I found the wonton soup delicately spiced. The spring rolls were the best we'd ever had. We've had several vegetable dishes and brought some orders home to the kids, and they were consistently fresh and flavorful. Today, I had the wonderful plum duck;. Everything is carefully prepared and sauced and spiced just right. The staff is so accommodating; my husband yearned for a pepper mix he used to get, and Amy made it for him better than he remembered. What a find!

There are newer reviews for Chopsticks

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This restaurant recently changed owners and is still great if not better. The previous owner was Christine and she sold the restaurant to her chef and his wife. A lovely couple who are trying to make a go of it. They have spruced up the surroundings and have added some new specialities to the menu.

I brought my friend who was visiting from Ct and she had the Pad Thai which was exceptional, fresh and a great combination of flavors. She said it was the best she ever had. I had the eggplant and green beans in brown sauce which was great!

My friend was so impressed she asked to go back in two days for Pad Thai again. I asked the chef to create me something fresh with the vegetables that he had just gotten that morning from a farmers market and it was fabulous.

This will be a regular spot for us.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I've only ever had takeout through here but it's been delicious every time. Great vegetarian options. Definitely get the vegetarian dumplings! Service was fantastic even walking in ten minutes before closing! Always friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

A great neighborhood addition!

The new owner has added several Vietnamese specialities (alas, no Pho) to their menu. The Spiced Shrimp and Vietnamese spring roll are fantastic - I am addicted. Looking forward to trying the rice cake with carrot and noodle dishes next. From the regular menu: the fried dumplings, seared, spicy green beans and General Tso's chicken were excellent. In addition there all the regular standbyes, combination plates and lunch specials - all reasonably priced.

Chopsticks is open 7 days a week. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Parking on the street and in the lot across the street.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Surprised to find this place in a town I have grown up in - just goes to show how prevalent the buffet mentality has been - which there is a time and place for. I've spent considerable time in China and this was the first place in Maine that came close - the trick is to ask for authentic and the owner cooked me something not even on the menu. Perfect.

Been to Chopsticks? Share your experiences!