“Disappointed”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Darlings waterfront pavilion has some of the most famous artists which makes it a difficult place to avoid.
What I liked: Bangor Maine it's a nice city. It is was safe and well policed. The view of the stage was good and tickets were not terribly expensive. The sound system and stage itself were very good.
Now for what I did not like : they do not allow anyone to bring anything and search each person as they enter the venue . I witnessed them searching the tote bags of two elderly women from whom they confiscated a bottle of water from each. That is done because they sell the same water $.3.50. Similarly, they do not allow umbrellas or rain gear inas they sell plastic ponchos for $5.00. Since concerts are rain or shine this is an issue. The rows of chairs are extremely narrow and the chairs themselves are zip- tied together, making it almost impossible for someone to get out of their row... Which many did to buy beer and then go to the restroom . With chairs so close , the noise of other patrons was extremely distracting. If you can imagine people jammed behind you having a boisterous conversation while Willie Nelson was singing a solo of "You Were Always on my Mind" you can understand my frustration with this venue. Had they been willing, and should have been at the price we paid for tickets, to allow a little room between seats and rows, rather than jamming us together like sardines in order to increase their revenue ... I would not have had to spend the evening with drunks breathing down my neck.
Basically, everything was geared to make money for the owner of the venue.
Oh yes, and about those $3.50 water bottles. As they sold them, they removed and kept the lid because they said that it was possible for someone to throw the bottle thereby injuring someone. I attend concerts on a regular basis inside and outside and have never seen or heard of such a thing. In these days where date rape and such have become so common , I found this yet another invasive mandate. Even though they removed the lids in front of the purchaser, what then if a person brought the bottle to a date or acquaintance?
At no time did I feel like a guest. It felt more like a detention center for people who like music.
Sadly, some of the best performers come here on their visits to Maine. So it is not impossible , that I will subject myself to these indignities again.

6 Thank Jill C

Dartmouth, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great venue”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This venue is an excellent idea. Portapotties leave much to be desired, of course. Aside from that , it is a great place to catch a big name concert, just hope the weather is on your side, if you attend. There were plenty of staff, we had vip parking with free golf cart shuttle to the site. Good experience!

1 Thank Heather S
Auburn, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to see a concert!!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had a blast! Sound was great! We sat in section 8 which I wondered about, but ended up being fine. I think they are still working out the bathroom lines - but wasn't that big of a deal either. Plenty of parking a short walk from the concert area - we payed $10 at a parking garage.

1 Thank Jillywilly333
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Sit up front if you can”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We had great seats. Row 15 and had no obstructions. Anything outside of sections 2 or 3 wouldn't be great. Not enough port a potties. There were long lines every time. Overall happy with the experience.

1 Thank Virageault
Skowhegan, Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun place if you lime lines and waiting”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Painfully long lines for food and bathrooms and general admission area covered in mud. $6 cans of light beer and terrible video for viewing if not in the first 50 rows. Save your money and see the show elsewhere