“Pick this hotel”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Bangor
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 20 May 2014

When I walked in the lobby, it is new, fresh and clean. The staff are very friendly. The rooms are large, with granite counter in the bathrooms.

Free wifi, great breakfast.

If it has a fault, the pool is a bit small.

Great value for the $129 that I paid.

I'll be back and soon !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I will always stay at this hotel when I am in Bangor, clean, friendly amazing staff. The rooms are a good size, it is close to everything and the staff couldn't do enough for us. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is my second visit; after my first one I knew I’d come again on my next trip through Bangor.
This time I had a king, rather than the king+sofa bed; it was smaller but still spacious. Hampton doesn’t list the sizes, but I would guess the room is 400 square feet.
My room (far from the elevator) was really quiet, even though the hotel was quite full.

The breakfast is fine, but I have to admit that the plastic knives and forks detract from the experience, for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Crito0
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Hampton in Bangor, Maine twice. Both times we have been very pleased. The rooms are clean and inviting. The Breakfast, both times have been hot and delicious. The staff are friendly and efficient. We would stay at the Hampton over other hotels even if it cost a little more. The room and breakfast far outway the difference.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn for years, first at their old location by the mall and now across the highway. Convenient to the area, great amenities, and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. We seldom stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was my third Girls Weekend (we come every 6 months) at your hotel. We come from Massachusetts,Pennsylvania,New Jersey,Maine, and NB Canada. It was as usual an awesome experience at your hotel. The great location, lobby, breakfast, pool, gym, rooms,coffee availablity, snack shop and staff were appreciated! The staff was outstanding as usual with pleasant greetings and personalized service. We felt at home! There was one exceptional young man that stood out, Colin. He really made our stay and experience memorable with his helpfulness with checking in and out, finding the Mass schedule,taking our group photos with 10 different phones and cameras and all with ease and a great personality. We are mostly family with a few adopted cousins and to be treated like family and friends at your hotel was so warm and welcoming. A genuine, down to earth Maine experience. Everyone of your employees treated us this way. We will be returning. See you in 6 months. The only suggestion I can think of is a meeting room where we could have a catered or take out meal or a meet and greet would be awesome. Perhaps the main dining area in the lobby could be utilized and reserved for an evening meal? Even if we just do our own take out or you arrange a particular resdtaurant to provide delivery? Just a thought. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR MAKING THIS SPECIAL WEEKEND THAT MUCH MORE SPECIAL AND MEMORABLE.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent condition and service. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and hospitable. Would stay here again. The location was perfect for where we needed to go. Wished we could have stayed longer to utilize more of the amenities.