“Our Experiences at Maine Paul Bunyon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangor
Paul Bunyan Campground
“Our Experiences at Maine Paul Bunyon”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We found our stay at Paul Bunyon very relaxing , friendly owners , happy campers who you can catch up with, who return repeatedly again. The pool is great and when we needed help the owners who were quick to respond , bent over backwards to make our weeks there nice. I don't know what being pregnant all of a sudden , had to do with a camp schedule change refund, for the above complaint . SOUNDS LIKE SOME PEOPLE WHO SHOULD STAY OUT OF CAMPING SITUATIONS who I do know the camp has good entertainment family oriented park, who do everything possible to make sure all have a great time. There will always be people who don't understand a good friendly campers attitude of not going along with rules set up for everyone that is condusive for all to have a good time.

Room Tip: This comment is thumbs up for the Union Street Paul Bunyon Campground in Bangor, Wonderful place to...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lorna K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I reserved a tent site, only to find the nearest water source was 300 yards away. Not only that but i got scolded at for charging my cell phone in the comfort station. What takes more power, a electric razor or a cell phone charger, my knowledge knows a razor. The rates are outrageous for their little kid crowded pool and the planes that fly over head ever 20 minutes day or night it is so not worth ever staying at this pitiful campground! Oh, I forgot to mention the skunks, My dog got sprayed the night I was there, only to hear from the front desk, "it's nature."

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Frank Z
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked for a concert weekend (June 6th). Although I understand that there was a no refund policy, my friends and I had agreed to stay there as it seemed very close. Since we booked 2 sites, my friend's girlfirend got pregnant and isn't feeling like camping, which I completely understand. As soon as they decided to go to a hotel, I called the campground to politely cancel and ask if they would make an exception the lady in the afternoon was very nice and asked me to call in te evening to soeak to the manager. I called in the evening and spoke to the manager but she refused to refund us. Now...it's not like we were cancelling to go to another campground or anything. I understand policies, we all have some at our workplace but unfortunately she had no compassion...even if the excuse was that she could of rented it due to the demand...still 2 weeks before the concert...I'm sure there is still plenty if time to have it booked. Not the camping's fault...but... however due to the high demand...accepting my cancellation (with cause) wouldn't have been a costly thing. Well when we'll go camping in the States with our kids, we'll check other options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Eric F
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

You will hear a lot of loud planes flying overhead if you stay here. The playground is very run down but the pool was nice. The sites are also nice and it is fairly clean. If you can stand the planes, this is a decent campground for exploring the Bangor area.

• Stayed July 2013
Lake Tahoe (California), California
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My family and I have stayed here every summer for the past 6 years. The camp owner, Dennis Hachey represents the best of Maine's people. He is always ready with a smile and loves what he does. The beauty of the campground is proof. The campground is modern, clean, quiet, full of amenities, and fair price make it an an overall great place to stay. If you are camping by tent or RV, this is the place you want to stay. Nestled in the city of Bangor, you'd never know it by the trees and surround green acreage. If you are staying in the area, stay at here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family