“Great place to go on a rainy or cold day”
Review of The Sports Arena

The Sports Arena
Ranked #4 of 10 Fun & Games in Bangor
More attraction details
Owner description: Maine's Best Family Entertainment Center We offer bowling, mini golf, pool tables, Sports Bar, Beach Hut Bar, Pizza and Wings, redemption arcade, birthday parties, VIP area, corporate gatherings, and so much more....
Veazie, Maine, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great place to go on a rainy or cold day”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This place is great to let the family to burn off energy on a rainy or cold day. They have bowling, pool and many games which give credits that can be traded in for little prizes. They have a pizza place attached and many tv's playing sports all day long ~ evenings are more adult time.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bill R

Brewer, Maine
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Lots of Fun Under One Roof!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you can't find something fun to do at The Sports Arena, then you must not have a pulse!! From pool to bowling to every kind of arcade game imaginable the Sports Arena has it all!! If you're a sports fan then the Arena is where you want to be on game day..................TV's galore!!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank yankeetraveler_53
Bangor, ME
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The newest, better arena of Maine”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just opening - well designed - impressive. This will bring Bangor to the next level with several recently announced Broadway musicals, the Republican Convention, and a number of events in addition to the usual games.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank grt47
Bangor, Maine
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I had my son's 9th Birthday party here and when we went to check in, they couldn't find our reservation (I had paid the $25 deposit already) and they stuck us at 2 tables in the back near the bar! I had to scream and wave my hands to greet our guests. I had requested a bowling package and we had to wait for our lanes as there was a Fraternity there bowling and they were just messing around. We got game cards for the arcade to give out but there was only $5 worth of tokens on it which didn't go far as most games take $2 or more so I ended up spending about and additional $130 to reload the cards for the guests at the kiosk. the pizza I ordered as part of the package were ok but for what I paid for the party, 2 pizzas, 2 dessert pizzas and 3 drinks were not enough. I ended up buying an additional 2 pizzas and had to pay to refill the pitchers. We could have done without the dessert pizza and gotten 2 extra pizzas instead. When we finally did get to bowl, the kids had fun. If you are just looking to bowl for a couple of hours or play in the arcade then it's ok but I wouldn't book a party here.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank deenav
Fredericton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We came across The Sport's Arena while looking for fun places to take our kids. Wish we found it sooner!
At first it was a bit confusing because we didn't know how the points were rewarded. Was pleased to find a place that we didn't have to worry about the kids not getting the tickets they earned from the games or the hassle of tokens. Lots of fun arcade games to choose from. We didn't have time to go bowling, play pool or mini golf but the next time we are in Bangor we will definitely set aside more time to spend here.
I recommend this place to anyone looking for a family fun in Bangor.

Visited June 2013