From the hospitable staff, to the well maintained room, cookies at check in and the best breakfast of our 2500 mile trip, all aspects of our stay at this hotel were perfect. There is, though one fly in the ointment.
When I elected to book the room from the hotel's web site, I was sent to a different URL, HotelOne.com. There I made the reservation, provided my credit card number as security and requested a fridge for the storage of medications. Much to my surprise the hotel charge was processed 2 weeks prior to the scheduled check in date and the fridge request was not delivered to the hotel. This I learned when I called to question the early processing. Finally, when I checked out of the hotel and asked for a receipt, I was advised that a receipt was not available because I had booked the room through a 3rd party.
I had planned to pay for the room by cash but the early processing of my Canadian credit card prevented that and cost me foreign exchange fees. Next time I will make my reservations by phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the intersection of Hogan Road and Stillwater Avenue, The Country Inn at the Mall is your home away from home when visiting the Bangor area. Our independently owned 94 room hotel has been hosting guests from all walks of life since its opening in 1989. Our cozy lobby offers a "country" ambiance that most people describe as homey and comfortable - the cookies that are made fresh daily also help! The welcoming atmosphere of the lobby is appreciated by our guests who enjoy the couches by the fireplace - or if it is warm you will find them on the front porch passing the time in the rocking chairs. Our front desk staff is always friendly and courteous as we provide exceptional customer service to every guest, for every stay and our housekeeping staff prides themselves on their attention to detail. The consistent positive feedback that we receive from visitors is a testament to how much each employee cares about the hotel and our guests. We have many people who have been coming here for years and won't stay anywhere else when visiting Bangor - regardless of what interest initially brought them to the area. Whether you are a returning guest or trying us out for the first time, we appreciate your interest in our hotel and we look forward to providing you with an excellent stay at our Country Inn at the Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Country Inn at the Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Country Inn At The Mall Hotel Bangor
- Country Hotel Bangor
- Country Inn Bangor
- The Country Hotel
- Bangor Country Inn
- The Country Inn At The Mall Bangor, Maine