My family stayed at the Country Inn at the Mall in Bangor during a recent trip to a college open house. The Inn is very quaint and welcoming. Located right on Stillwater Avenue near the Bangor Mall, the lnn looks like it should be in the countryside somewhere. The location is great since there are a pelthora of stores and restaurant options all up and down the street.
The lobby is beautifully decorated and very welcoming. In the winter the fire place is used. The clerk at the front desk was a little stressed upon our arrival (the wi fi was acting up) but settled down to check us in. The halls were clean, as was our room. My son got quite a kick out of the fact that we used an actual key and not a key-card to unlock the door!
The beds were comfortable and the room was organized well. The rooms could stand to be updated with better lighting and lighter walls but no complaints about the comfort!
The best part was the breakfast nook and continental breakfast which came with the room. Many "free continental breakfasts" consist of some cereals and yogurt. Not this one! In addition to cereal, yogurt, fruit, juices and coffee, there were breakfast sandwiches, waffles and many choices of breads. No one was hungry that morning - not even my teenage son!
We were very pleased and plan on staying there again when we are back in Bangor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the intersection of Hogan Road and Stillwater Avenue, The Country Inn at the Mall is your home away from home when visiting the Bangor area. Our independently owned 94 room hotel has been hosting guests from all walks of life since its opening in 1989. Our cozy lobby offers a "country" ambiance that most people describe as homey and comfortable - the cookies that are made fresh daily also help! The welcoming atmosphere of the lobby is appreciated by our guests who enjoy the couches by the fireplace - or if it is warm you will find them on the front porch passing the time in the rocking chairs. Our front desk staff is always friendly and courteous as we provide exceptional customer service to every guest, for every stay and our housekeeping staff prides themselves on their attention to detail. The consistent positive feedback that we receive from visitors is a testament to how much each employee cares about the hotel and our guests. We have many people who have been coming here for years and won't stay anywhere else when visiting Bangor - regardless of what interest initially brought them to the area. Whether you are a returning guest or trying us out for the first time, we appreciate your interest in our hotel and we look forward to providing you with an excellent stay at our Country Inn at the Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Country Inn at the Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Country Inn At The Mall Hotel Bangor
- Country Hotel Bangor
- Country Inn Bangor
- The Country Hotel
- Bangor Country Inn
- The Country Inn At The Mall Bangor, Maine