“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Australia
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I only had 2 nights in Bangor, the staff at the Country Inn made me feel very welcome. The Inn is very pretty and the grounds are a credit to their gardener. My room was clean and comfy, and lacked nothing. It's location is very handy to shopping, food and public transport. Thank you Tom and Jessica for looking after me so well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnattheMall, Front Office Manager at The Country Inn at the Mall, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us!
I appreciate your feedback & am very happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff.

Thanks again!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had a wonderful time staying at the Country Inn at the Mall on my recent trip to Maine. When I had trouble going over the threshold into and out of the bathroom in my room, the manager of the hotel helped me (pushed my wheelchair all the way from the lobby to my daughter's car) and asked how they could make it better for me. When I told her about that pesky little threshold, she asked if it was okay if they went into my room to put a piece of cardboard there while I was out. I said of course, and there was a piece of cardboard making the threshold much easier to maneuver, until it flattened, when I discussed this with maintenance, and they said they were looking for something harder to put there. They replaced the cardboard. Whenever I was going into or out of the hotel, there was always some very helpful individual there. Someone always helped me in the breakfast room. Usually it was a hotel employee, but even other guests helped me.

And the breakfast. Don't let their claim of "free continental breakfast" fool you. They have coffee, decaf, hot cocoa, and tea there 24/7. They have half-and-half there 24/7. They have water, apple juice, and orange juice there 24/7. They have cold cereal dispensers there all the time, and packets of instant oatmeal there all the time. From 6 to 10 in the morning, they also have milk for the cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, English muffins, doughnuts, waffles, yogurt, and fruit cups.

Cleanliness
2 Thank abuelitaoma
CountryInnattheMall, Front Office Manager at The Country Inn at the Mall, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
I'm so happy you wrote a review for us. Thank you!
I'm glad you found the staff so helpful and enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure give your compliments to the staff. They're always happy to hear when they have made an impression on a guest.

I hope you come to stay with us, again!
Thanks again for your review! We really appreciate it!

Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

After spending a week on the coast, my husband and I spent our last night here so that we could catch a morning flight out of Bangor. (There are closer hotels to the airport, but this one is only 5 miles away on a very easy highway route). We arrived at about 10pm - it is very easy to spot from the road, but there are a lot of chain-stores and restaurants in the area. The front desk man was courteous and helpful and check in was quick. We we given a room on the second floor, but there are roller carts and an elevator to make the trip from the parking lot to the room easier. Our room had a king-size bed, and it was really a large room with a nice-sized bathroom. The windows really open, which is a nice touch (although the traffic can be loud for my tastes - this sound is sufficiently muffled when the windows are closed). The climate control in the room worked well, and we were comfortable as far as temperature is concerned. The bathroom was generally clean, but I also noticed a few issues - the towels seemed on the thin side, the bathtub had a slow drain so water backed up during the shower (and that caused the stick on rows of slip-prevention to float loose on one end or the other, which felt a little gross). Everything was clean. They offer a free breakfast - frozen egg and sausage disks that can be placed inside an english muffin, or I suppose eat without the muffin, too. I had cereal and some yogurt, and a hot tea. I didn't try to make the waffles that were an option, but many people seemed to enjoy them. Overall, it was a nice stay and meet our needs very well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jennifer A
Thank you for your review!
I'm so glad to hear that we could be a pleasant addition to your trip. I apologize that your towels didn't seem quite up to par. This is something I do plan on addressing, and working towards maybe getting some of them replaced. We all want nice big fluffy towels when we're staying in hotel rooms!

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! Your feedback is extremely important to us!

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This is our favourite stopping place on trips farther south when driving to and from Nova Scotia. Price is right, rooms are clean, self serve breakfast is very decent. We have been stopping here for more than thirty years. Gets the job done. No reason to go elsewhere in Bangor. Good night's sleep.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mort S
CountryInnattheMall, Front Office Manager at The Country Inn at the Mall, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We very much appreciate your feedback.
I'm happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us. I hope you stay with us for years to come!

Thanks again.

New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great value for the money. Pleasant and helpful staff. Rooms were clean and quiet. Mall is right across the street and easy to get to. Travel to downtown only took 5 minutes. would stop here again when traveling in the area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnattheMall, Front Office Manager at The Country Inn at the Mall, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel!
It's great to hear that our central location made your trip more convenient. I'm pleased that you were happy with your stay and I will pass your compliments along to the staff!

I hope you get to stay with us again!

Thank you!

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stop in Bangor returning from eastern Canada, and have twice stayed at The Country Inn at the Mall. Friendly staff, clean rooms, hot breakfast, good value. On the downside, no fridge, and the ice machine is located by the lobby, a bit of a hike if you're at the far end of the Inn. This a good, clean and comfortable option in Bangor, and we'll return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review!
I'm so happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay!
I'd just like to mention that there is a fridge in our king rooms. We do have a limited amount of double rooms with a fridge. They are available upon request.
Always feel free to inquire about any amenity you would like to see for your stay! If we have it, we will do the very best we can to make sure that you get it. If we don't have it, requests give us a great way to get ideas of what we might add to our amenities in the future!

Thanks again for your review! I'm glad that you plan to return.
See you next time!

Westville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Clean and comfortable Place to stay.Staff always great.Have stayed many times here over the years and is our first choice in bangor.The hotel is basic but comfortable.Breakfast is great if hit at the right time(no crowd).Good location.

Room Tip: Ground floor