Best Western White House Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Bangor)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewstruck stopmassage chairoutdoor poolcorned beef hashthird floorhot tuboff the highwaya great staybangor areaexcellent breakfastcontinental breakfastwafflesnova scotiarooms are cleanlong drivebed was comfortableconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Best Western White House; April 6 – 7.

The way to describe the location in kind of contradictory; What’s nice is the fact that it’s very easy access from and to the I-95 and it’s located next to a Dysart’s truck stop (well known for their home cooked meals). On the down side the area seems a bit industrial-farming and isolated. That being said, Bangor is not very big and you can get to anywhere within 10 minutes. So, I wouldn’t not recommend this hotel based on location, as these were very minor gripes.

The building itself plays the theme (a bit cheesy in my mind) of the President’s home in Washington. In some spots it does show some age, but in others it has been remodelled very nicely (very nice finishing work). Example: bar = very outdated, rooms = nicely updated. The Best Western White House is a hotel/motel style with a lobby to check-in and halls connected to your room, but we could also access through the parking direct outside.

Our room seemed to have been recently renovated and was very clean. We had two queen beds that were quite comfortable, a choice of soft or harder pillows and the linens were of pretty good quality – great nights rest! Being three guests in our room; it was nice that the sink/vanity was outside the shower/toilet area. The only negative about the room was the water temperature control in the shower – first, the knob is extremely sensitive and two, the temperature would easily fluctuate which could make for some uncomfortable moments…

We were excited to see that they had a nicely equipped gym: Treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, weights and an all-in-one weight machine. We had a great workout on the cardio machines only to find out that the all-in-one was broken down. I must apologize for not alerting the front desk, I totally forgot. I would say it’s a great little gym when all things are working properly.

We did not get a chance to use the spa (large hot tub), but visited quickly and I must say it was quite large and did look very clean and relaxing.

The complimentary hot continental breakfast was great. There was definitely enough selection for all to fill their bellies – yogurt, three kinds of cereal (skim or regular milk), oatmeal, eggs, toast, fruit (apple, orange strawberry), waffles, etc. Staff also offered a special touch on Easter day. If nothing fancies your appetite check out Dysart’s next door…

Overall, the hotel easily deserves its 2½ star rating it had when we booked through Hotwire.com. We have no problem giving this location a 3 star out 5. We have no problem staying here again on our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank degrace26
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. Our outdoor heated pool will be opening mid May and is a great way to unwind after a long day of travel. I am glad that you enjoyed the renovations to the rooms. We will be upgrading more items as the year progresses.

We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I had the best experience at the White House Inn again, I wouldnt even consider staying anywhere else in the Bangor area for the hospitality I get when going to this Hotel. Im recognized by the name of the reservation and greeted with helpful and kind words. The staff is always wiling to help with whatever the need may be. My room again was very clean with an extra blanket in the closet for those cold Maine nights. Dysarts, which is just in front of the Hotel delivers a great, healthy proportion of a close to home cooked meal. I have say that for the rate of the room and the great breakfast in the morning, you just cant beat it!

Room Tip: I understand they have suites for the special occasion, and the smoker can still smoke here, and the pets are always welcome.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are so glad to hear that you will be back. Our staff works hard to provide clean rooms and superior customer service and love to hear when we have succeeded. Hope you have a great spring and we look forward to welcoming you home on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

We recently spent a night at this hotel because if you are from Halifax, it is where you are told to stay. I will not do it again. The online booking system oversold me a room with 3 beds when I was a parent travelling with 3 teenagers - 2 doubles was all I needed. When we arrived at 9 pm, the clerk was on the verge of openly hostile. The rooms are old and while clean, there is a smell which one teenager (accurately) described as "hospital". The breakfast in the morning was not great - cold eggs, scary looking hash, no fruit, no yogourt. This may seem overly negative, and I will say that the morning staff seemed much more pleasant, but the experience the night before really just put me off. I wont be back. There are places closer to the Bangor mall I can try.

Room Tip: Call dont try the online booking
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Fatima1958
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that you were not happy with the room you chose online. As we were full on the date of your stay, this may have been the only room with two or more beds available the night of your stay to accomodate your party. This is a very popular room with families such as yours as it is a large room with the three queen size beds.

The rooms were all recently updated in April 2011. The hospital smell was probably the smell of the Mr. Clean pine cleaner that is used to clean the rooms. It does give the rooms that freshly cleaned smell. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast we serve in the morning. It is a rotating breakfast so that we have different items each day for our guests who stay more than one day. Yogurt is offered every day along with apples, oranges and strawberries for the make your own waffles. You must of been here on the day we offer corned beef hash which is very popular with our guests. I am not sure if you tried it or not but it is very good if you enjoy corned beef hash.

I hope you had the chance to enjoy the large indoor hot tub and the 24 hour exercise room. Our outdoor heated pool will be opening up in a couple of months and I hope you can come back and enjoy it on a future stay.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Every time we come to Maine, we always stay at the Best Western White House. The hotel is very clean, quiet and the staff is super friendly. They always go above and beyond to make sure that our stay is enjoyable. They have an extensive breakfast selection in the mornings, fresh brewed coffee available 24/7 & the daily fresh baked cookies located at the front desk are delicious! The hotel is conveniently located off 95 and even better....they are located next to Dysarts, who has the best homemade food. They will even deliver right to your room. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Heather S
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for being a frequent guest of ours. We are so glad that you always enjoy your stay with us. The cookies are wonderful at check in and they are made by the restaurant you mentioned. I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I recently stayed at the property for a business meeting. The hotel exceeded my expectations in every aspect. The staff was warm and welcoming, the complimentary breakfast offered a wide array of items and was exceptional. The room was one of their luxury untis that was superior to many that I have experienced in 4 diamond hotels. The quality of appointments, the amenties and overall value was truly exceptional. The room was immaculate and the common areas also extremely clean. I would recommend this property to business travelers as well as families. The location is an easy on/off from the interstate and very close to the airport, the university and downtown.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hospitality04609

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary hot breakfast we provide. I will share your comments with our staff. The love to hear when their hard work is noticed and appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.