“The Best in Bangor!”

Best Western White House Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Once again, a great stay, great place, great staff and a great breakfast.
Our last stop on the way home to Northern Maine from GA.
Never pass up the opportunity to stay here.
And Beth on the front desk is super and always insures that we get our favorite room.
Even though it was in the low 60's, we managed to get in some pool time!

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us again. We appreciate your long continued patronage of our property. We are so glad to hear that you once again had a great stay. Beth is wonderful and she will be right here waiting to make sure you get your room on your return trip.

There are newer reviews for Best Western White House Inn

Reviewed 21 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Reviewed 21 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Quiet setting...friendly people on the front desk...love the breakfast, the price was right and was able to make the reservation quickly and I requested 1st floor and they granted my request, room was very clean I would recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed our property. I am glad to hear you found everything to your satisfaction. I hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

This hotel's atmosphere prompted me to stay two more nights just to luxuriate. The amenities and the friendliness of the staff made the visit well worthwhile and I intend to return there, especially since it is only six miles from the mall and the Xmas store. Outside, a lovely walking path circles the property, basking in nature - quiet. Most importantly, the room was immaculate and I was greeted with a stuffed teddy bear, begging me to buy it, which of course, I did. Teddy sits on my bed these days.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for giving "Teddy" a forever home. The purchase of Teddy benefits the Lafayette Family Cancer Care center in Brewer, Maine. This is a brand new facility that features state of the art treatments and a more comfortable place to get these much needed treatments. It is also a research facility dedicated to coming up with a cure for cancer and your purchase of Teddy helps to fund this. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and stayed the two extra days. We look forward to your next visit and Teddy has a brother who is a Moose. You may want to check him out also. :)

Reviewed 26 April 2013

But my new employer might have a problem with that.. I checked in Monday night and have had great accomadations for the whole week.. this is the best Best Western I've ever stayed in.. The rooms are clean, staff is
friendly.. but the best kept secret is thier "continental breakfast".. here's a list of what I remember is out every day.. scrambled eggs, egg n cheese omelets, turkey bacon, regular bacon, pork sausage links, sausage gravy, waffles n pancakes ← both self serve fresh, fresh fruit, parfait, apple, orange and cranberry juices, bagels, biscuits, breads n pastries, coffee n hot chocolate, cereal and oatmeal, corned beef hash..and Maine baked beans ← don't knock it til u try it.. n its all fresh n my fav of the meats were the pork links.. they are much tastier than any name brand or store brand..pretty yummy.. something for everyone who enjoys breakfast.. and they keep it fresh.. 6am to 10am everyday ! fresh baked cookies are at the front desk for you to try that are from the truckstop across the street.. Dysarts truckstop has a restaurant you don't want to miss while you're here.. all thier own baking and tasty homecooking and portions that will fill up a hungry trucker.. I am one, so I know.. I can't finish some of thier meals but the leftovers are just as good later.. This is the place to stay in or around Bangor, Me. .. The couple next door to me came here to stay while they visited a casino that is about 6 miles away..I'm sure the front desk will be glad to give you directions.. The hotel is also pet friendly and has a walking path to walk your dog..

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,

You were more than welcome to stay forever and not check out. We would love to keep hosting you at our property. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. We have been working hard on making our breakfast the best it can be and I am glad that you think we have succeeded. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

This property is a little older, but the maintenance is immaculate and the furnishings have been (mostly) updated. The layout is a little strange and is definitely a hotel layout from 20+ years ago. The staff was very friendly and the other reviewers are spot-on about the breakfast. I have traveled all over and have never had an included breakfast with so many options. Rooms were basically clean, although the shower is tile so it is basically impossible to be perfectly clean.

The only problem was our AC unit was ancient, difficult to control temperature reliably, and kept tripping the circuit breaker. My mother was staying in another room and her AC unit was a much more recent model. Hopefully they are in the process of swapping out all the old AC units.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel and are constantly doing updates. We have been working to make our breakfast the best it can be and I am so happy that you like what we have done. We hope to see you again in the future. Summer is beautiful in Maine.