Because of a very early flight the next morning I needed a place in Bangor to stay, as the drive from Bar harbor at 4 in the morning was not something I was looking forward to. Having never been to Bangor, or Maine for that matter prior to this trip, I opted for brand recognition for a place to stay: it was a good choice.
This property, unfortunately, is tucked behind a very large truck stop. The approach to the lobby leaves one wondering if they had made the right choice. (BTW: in all of my years of travel, a first: the truck stop actually DELIVERS to the hotel. Their menu is in the room.) Any concerns were assuaged upon entering the property.
The lobby area was well lit, warm and inviting. The reception staff was friendly and most helpful. The breakfast area, off the lobby looked bright and cheery, although I had to depart before breakfast was available so I did not sample the product. The property is undergoing a renovation, although this did not interfere with my stay. My room, which clearly had recently been renovated was large. There were 2 large chairs with foot stools and an ample table/desk (regrettably under the air conditioner). The carpet was new and the color scheme in the room was calming, yet bright. There were ample wall out lets for modern wired travelers.
The room was equipped with a Keurig coffee maker. The bathroom was pretty standard for a Best Western, usual amenities. One major difference for me, from other Best Western's, was having adult size bath towels. There was a very large flat screen TV. Something that NEVER happens: the liner for the is-bucket actually FIT, without having to fight with it.
On the down side, minor though it was, there was no writing pad or pen in the room. My room was at the top of the steps to the lounge (Rm. 120). While the lounge was not hopping during my visit, I would not recommend this room. Robin (I hope I spelled that correctly) the bartender, was very pleasant and attentive. The lounge prices were good as well.
For those with children or a collector of "stuff" on travels, the room has for purchase a rather large Teddy Bear that says: "I slept at the White House, Bangor, ME."
All in all, a good choice for the night and barely 10 minutes from the Bangor International Airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colonial-style 3-story Motor Inn located at I-95 exit 44, 3 miles south of city center & 6 miles from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western White House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western White House Hotel Bangor
- Best Western White Hotel
- Best Western Bangor
- Bangor Best Western
- Best Western White House Inn Bangor, Maine