“Best highway stop for a night”

Best Western White House Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best highway stop for a night”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I drive from Boston to Northern Maine and back a few times a year and the only place to stay along the way is this hotel! It's an inexpensive highway hotel but offers a clean, peaceful and comfortable rest. Some cheaper highway stays will be run down, have odors, not fully clean and leave you with that unclean not rested feeling.

The white house/presidential theme seems a bit strange before you get there, but I find it interesting offering several photos to view and items to read along the walls.

The free continental breakfast is fairy standard but it is kept clean and fresh even on a busy morning. My all time favorite breakfast equipment at a hotel is here. I Truthfully did't try it but i found it fascinating and took several pics to post online. it was a pancake machine that looked like it pooped out pancakes onto the plate. Why not find some humor in a continental breakfast?!

If you are driving by and need to stop or visiting the area and need a place to stay, consider this inexpensive alternative as place to sleep before you start your day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this review, 14 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for letting us know that you enjoy our hotel and our breakfast. We appreciate you being a frequent guest. The pancake machine is quite fascinating and used quite often. I think people get a kick at trying it out. We look forward to hosting you on your frequent trips to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New Glasgow, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed for a night on our way to Freeport. Nice room, quiet. Very good breakfest. Would recommend this hotel for shopping or overnighting in Bangor. Located just of I95 and about 5 minute drive from Bangor mall. Also very convient for the anyone going to the stock car races.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed our hotel and our breakfast. We hope that you had a successful shopping trip in Freeport and hope to see you again when you are in our area..
Connecticut
Reviewed 22 August 2014

In the two times I found myself roomless near Bangor; this hotel has found me a room and I have not been disappointed. The staff have been very pleasant and attentive from the time I call seeking that room while parked on the side of the road to the time I check out the next morning with plenty of sleep and a full belly. The hotel is very clean and it appears as if there has been attention to everything down to the little details. I have had the opportunity to stay in a suite this last vacation due to other rooms not being available and it was beautiful and spacious - included a kitchenette and all the plates/silverware & pots. If I were to spend more than one night - it would have been great. Breakfast is also quite nice and has expanded since my stay 2 years ago & the attendant made sure everything was full & fresh. I loved the pancakes and cheese omeltte. The only thing that I would have love to have see was the outdoor pool enclosed, however there is a hot tub inside to enjoy. Parking appeared to be getting tight. Also, location is conveniant to a truck/rest stop where I was able to get gas and a late night slice of pie. Great experience and I recommend it to anyone. Hope to stay again soon!

Room Tip: The hotel really does resemble the 'White House' and I prefer the 2nd floor due to the view...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let us know how much you enjoy our property. We are so glad that we have been able to host you when you were in our area without reservations. We have been working on many changes to our breakfast and are happy to hear that you approve of the changes we have made. We look forward to hosting you on a return trip to our area.
Katy TX, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Lovely rooms, pretty location. Our most expensive Best Western stay during our trip from New Brunswick to Katy TX. Lovely hot tub! Our only complaint was the terrible smell of the hallways...may have just cleaned carpets...but the rooms did not smell, so all was fine!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. The hot tub is very relaxing after a day of driving. I apologize that you did not like the odor of the cleaner used in the hallways. They do try to find a smell that is mild. We hope to see you again next time you are in our area.
Northport, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is in a convenient location right off the highway. But it, however, is in serious need of and updating. We recently stayed in one of the third floor rooms which was advertised as having a skylight. They forgot to mention that there are NO windows. Besides being dark and dingy the room had a musty smell. I have allergies to dust mites and had an attack in the middle of the night. I couldn't stay in the room so I went down to the lobby and asked for a room change. They couldn't do that since they were completely booked. They did suggest to change the air conditioner filter since "the filters are often dirty". They also need to change the carpets and mattresses since they are also riddled with dust mites. The bathroom was no better with mold growing in the shower. Although breakfast was included it wasn't very appetizing. I would suggest they upgrade their plastic flatware to stainless and their styrofoam plates and bowls to glass. This hotel was not worth the high price we had paid and I will definitely never stay there again and would NOT recommend it to anyone,

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize that you did not like your third floor room with the cathedral ceilings and skylight.. The skylights do open just as a window would. These rooms are very unique and we get many requests for them. The tub is all one unit made of fiberglass and maintenance did check the tub unit and saw no sign of mold. The carpets throughout the hotel are fairly new and vacuumed every day. The mattresses are all encased with a mattress protector which do get washed frequently. The AC filters do get dirty, do need to be cleaned frequently just as ones in your home need to be and ours are on a maintenance schedule for cleaning. I apologize if the hotel was full and we could not move you to a different room that night. We did offer to move you for the next day when we did have space open. Our breakfast is quite extensive with many hot and cold offerings. We like to hope that we do have something for everything. We offer make your own waffles, make your own pancakes, sausage, bacon, turkey sausage, sausage gravy and biscuits, corned beef hash, New England Baked Beans, hard boiled eggs, cheese omelets, fresh made scrambled eggs, white and wheat bread, bagels, Danish, homemade sweet bread from the restaurant next door, a variety of hot and cold cereals, yogurt, bananas, apples, strawberries, granola, fresh chunked fruit, sliced cheeses, sliced meats, juices, teas, hot chocolate, milk, coffee and numerous condiments to finish it off including Nutella. We do offer the choice of stainless steel silverware or a high quality recyclable plastic ware. There is not one item on our breakfast that is made of Styrofoam. Hope you had an enjoyable summer.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Super close to 95 but situated so you don't necessarily see it. Right across the street from Dysarts! Nice rooms and a great breakfast. Pool is outside, so pretty chilly. But staff is very friendly, and everything was clean and well-organized.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side, facing the meadow instead of Dysarts.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for letting us know that you enjoyed our property. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and our breakfast. I apologize for the pool. It is heated but we had a huge problem this year with our new pool heater. It kept breaking down so the pool was not always as warm as it should of been. We do have an indoor hot tub. I hope you were able to enjoy that. Hopefully, on your next stay we will have everything worked out with the heater manufacturer and the pool will once again be a nice 82 degrees.
West Buxton, Maine
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nice hotel. Beds were very comfortable. Room was larger than expected. The only complaint was the breakfast. All of the items were gone by 9 am. Took awhile for them to replenish. All and all a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for letting us know that you enjoyed our hotel and found everything to be comfortable. I apologize that breakfast was not getting stocked as fast as it should of been. We have two people on busy days but even then sometimes it is so busy that they can be held up by cooking times. I hope that you were able to enjoy some breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property.