“Enjoyable”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Econo lodge.Price is right .We always enjoy the pool and breakfast.
If you need a reasonable place to stay thats clean and the staff is friendly stay there.They are close to the Mall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank clarky29
RJHECONO, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Oh wow. Thank you for those generous words. It means so much to us when guests like yourselves not only take the time to write a review on our hotel, but a wonderful one like that. The 5 for 5 you gave us shows us that the hard work does pay off. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Thank you econo lodge for a clean, quiet stay and GREAT PRICES. CLEAN rooms great front desk staff very accommodating customer service including manager, A wonderful breakfast included, indoor pool.
We were pleased all around with Econolodge hotel in Bangor, there are restaurants and a playland for children within walking distance from Hotel
We stayed for 4 nights total, we are not people who generally like to stay in Hotels but Econolodge has changed our outlook.
Stitt Family

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor clean and les a/c unit noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert S
RJHECONO, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Wow. Those were some very generous words that you used to describe our hotel. Thank you for that. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review - and such a nice one at that! I hope to see you again! Michelle, Front Office manager

Reviewed 21 July 2014

1 queen bed room is quite small. Two people would be very crowded. Perfect for a single (or VERY close friends!) looking for a value priced room. It has 1 table with office style chair and one other chair.

Electrical outlets are limited but sufficient, but I wished I had an extension cord with me so I didn’t have to place my devices all around the room to be near an outlet.

WI-FI a little tricky to get going, give it time. Seemed very solid and fast except for a short time on one of the 5 days I was there.

Breakfast has both warm and cold hard boiled eggs along with the usual cereals, bagels, English muffins, and bread. Jellies, butter and cream cheese are also provided. Very clean and well kept.

Shower was good. Plenty of hot water and good pressure with an adjustable head for pressure. Vanity is outside the bathroom. The toilet is an older style and men should stand before flushing!

Heat and A/C worked correctly and well.

No napkins in the coffee packet but will make 4 cups

Microwave and fridge in every room makes for a good stay

4 pillows and a very comfortable bed

Large screen Samsung TV, good pic, good range of channels

Very friendly and helpful staff everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for that wonderful score that you gave our property. We do take pride in what we offer here and it is so rewarding to our staff members when we receive such compliments. So on behalf of the management team, I would like to sincerely thank you for that. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future!! Michelle, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is my go-to Bangor Hotel, check in was fantastic as always, queen bed room clean, very nice to have a microwave and fridge in the room, both very clean! In my most recent visit we didn't have our dog with us so we were able to try out the pool in the evening, very clean and nice, not two crowed and a family with children was getting ready to leave as it was 9pm (Pool is open until 10) so we were able to have a nice relaxing swim. Breakfast was great and not to busy when we went.

Another thing I discovered which I never knew was next door was Blackbeards USA amusement park, you can literally walk over there in 2 minutes, so we did 36 holes mini golf.

Hotel is close to the interstate which makes it easy to get to when traveling, and also easy to get to Hogan Rd / Stillwater ave , where the restaurants and shopping is.

On reason why I always choose this hotel as its cheap and clean, all I'm looking for is a place to sleep at the end of a long day, so why pay all sorts of money when I don't need to. Also it is very close to the airport, 5 minute drive tops you do hear the odd plane but its not consistent or Late at night

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RJHECONO, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Wow. That was quite a compliment and an advertisement for our hotel. I can't thank you enough for all those kind words that you used to describe our hotel as well as our staff. We work hard to provide our guests with a friendly staff as well as clean rooms, a clean and plentiful breakfast room, and the indoor heated pool which helps keep the kids happy. On behalf of the staff here, I would like to sincerely thank you. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The beds and pillows were comfortable, free coffee and internet with computer set up in lobby hit the spot, coffeemaker, frig, microwave in room, pool time, free breakfast included hot food like waffles, hardboiled eggs, and the staff were very friendly and pleasant. I became a fan of this place immediately. I would stay here again. Thank you Econolodge!

Room Tip: We were on the parking lot side but I had no problem with any noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RJHECONO, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Yay! Thank you so much for the wonderful words you used while giving our hotel a review. We work so hard to provide our guests with top of the line serivce and when we receive such high praise from guests such as yourselves, it really makes it feel worthwhile. I would just like to say thank you. Thank you sincerely from all of us at the Econo Lodge. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I will start by the good:
The hotel is just off the highway. The reception clerks are friendly and efficient.
Now the bad:
Noise from traffic. Noise from some outdoor generator. Noise from bathroom ventilation. It is so noisy that I woke up at 5am and unable to continue sleeping.
The room has a double bed. Not a queen, but a small double bed. Why?
The room is small.
There is no gym.
Breakfast is really limited. I get a better breakfast at McDonald's for 4$.

I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RJHECONO, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

On behalf of the management team at our hotel, I would like to sincerely apologize for your unhappy stay with us. I am happy to relay that we are in the process of doing away with all the rooms with one double bed and replacing them with Queen beds. I would like to mention that we take pride in our Breakfast Room. We offer more items than the Econo Lodge standards mandate, plus we periodically change the selections up to try to keep our guests happy. I am sorry to hear that you do not plan to return, because if you were to give us another chance I would be more than happy to give you an upgrade to a King room at the Queen room price.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed 6/17. Bottom Line: Hotel is fairly new, clean with comfortable beds and friendly staff.

We drove past the hotel which is nestled near the freeway along with several other brand name places and called for a rate. Andre was the desk clerk and quoted us a $92.34 senior rate including tax that we felt was good value. When we arrived I called him by name and he remembered who we were. Andre was a very engaging guy. He put us on the 2nd floor which was pet free and newly renovated. Check in was a very cordial experience for us.

The single elevator took us to our room which was fresh and bright. Beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was very adequate with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. There was a small fridge, microwave and flat screen TV in the good sized room. Everything was very clean and well maintained.

Breakfast in the morning was in a large room with plenty of seating. Although it was a typical hotel breakfast, it had an attendant and was quite clean. We found it unusual that everything served had the name of the vendor associated with it. Thus, you knew the bakery the food came from and who provided all other items.

We thought this was a good value for a clean and friendly place to stay..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RJHECONO, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Wow. Thank you so much for those kind remarks. On behalf of the management team at our hotel, I would like to sincerely thank you. It is so rewarding when we receive compliments from guests who have left us happy. Please come again!
Michelle French, Front Office Manager