“Full-Service Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Boston, Massachusetts
“Full-Service Hotel”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel really puts its guests first. The restaurant/bar was a great place to relax when we first arrived, and the free shuttle to and from downtown was an unexpected perk. There's also a pretty courtyard where you can take your drink out into the sun.

The hotel itself is a bit old and outdated, but our accommodations were clean and comfortable. The location right off the highway made it exceptionally easy to find as well. I'll definitely stay here again if I ever return to Bangor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel and I must admit that it was a disappointment. The check in was very nice and friendly. We were very tired and it was nice to see some friendly faces.
The room itself was not the cleanest we have stayed in. We were traveling with our dog so we have seen quite a few pet friendly rooms and I must say that the carpet in this room really seemed to hold on to smells and dander. All the other pet friendly rooms we have stayed in had washable floors. The hotel is supposed to be totally non smoking but there was a very strong smoke smell in the room all night. As I have allergies it was difficult to fall asleep and the noise from the drive through at Dunken donuts next door woke us up early in the morning. I mentioned the smoking and the carpet issue to the front desk clerk who said she would look into it as there was a 200 dollar fine for guests who do smoke in the hotel, but she did not seem very concerned about our unhappy stay. It was a nice arrival but a disappointing stay and departure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank asage
Joani B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear asage,
I'm sorry to hear about your stay. We want to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable stay. We are fully non-smoking and I do apologize that you were exposed to this during your stay. I'm glad you took the time to let us know and I will be sure to have our housekeepers take a closer look at our pet friendly rooms. I like your mention of alternative floors for pet rooms and I will bring this up when we replace them during our next renovation. Thank you again, I hope you will give us a chance to do better we truly appreciate your business and feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Bangor hotels

Aroostook County, Me
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked my room through one of those travel sites and got an excellent deal for the one night I was in town. My room was spotless and quiet, and the facility is safe, secure and well-lit. The Holiday Inn offers a wealth of amenities, which I appreciated. My only concern, and it is a minor one, is that the physical layout of the building is quite confusing. I could not have made my way from my room to the front desk without going outside if I tried.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dover Plains, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were visiting from NY and had a bad experience at the first hotel we had booked, we called this hotel and explained the situation and said we needed a last minute room that would accommodate a dog. Because of the issue with the other hotel, the person in the front took us to our room and let us inspect it (ie-Bed bugs). The staff was great, the room was beautiful, my son loved the pool, we had an easy walk to the back to take the dog out..our trip was saved!! I would stay here again b/c of the courtesy, convince and cleanliness!

It was strange waking up in a hotel on Easter Sunday, but this was a nice place to do so!!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a room in the back, easy access to the back parking lot area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you want a cost effective option for a stay in bangor - this is not too bad. Has a shuttle to and from the airport. Internet did not work the night i stayed there. Rooms are ok but hotel has a dated look and feel to it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear TTZulu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bryant Pond
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were here for two nights while attending an event at the Cross Center. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel is only about 5 minutes from the Center. The front desk staff were pleasant and, when a discrepancy was noticed on our bill, were quick to correct it. The bed (king size) was comfortable and there were plenty of clean pillows. A big plus is a window that actually opens! Should we find ourselves in Bangor again, this will be our first choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights during a March Break shopping trip and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is next to I-95, but our room faced the central courtyard and was very quiet. The property is large, but is easy to navigate and has plenty of well-lit parking. Our room was spacious and very clean. Properties in Bangor tend to be more expensive than you'd expect, but the price here was reasonable, especially given the condition of other options. This hotel is also pet friendly. We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family