“Quiet and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We've stayed here a few times on our way to Canada. It's a fine hotel. Friendly service. Convenient location. Clean, comfortable rooms. Lots of grassy areas in back for those who travel with dogs. A few restaurants nearby and not far from what downtown offers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NMDave

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was a really nice hotel, friendly staff, pet friendly. Restaurant with decent food, I really enjoyed my dinner after a 10 hour drive. Only thing was there was a loud mouth man at the bar and people were fed up of him. I had to move further away from him, he was a regular person that went to the bar area local. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn the last weekend in May. The room was comfortable and clean. Every staff person we came in contact with said hello and have a great day. The rooms seemed to be newly decorated. The bed was comfortable and pillows labeled as soft, med or firm! Very impressed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel really puts its guests first. The restaurant/bar was a great place to relax when we first arrived, and the free shuttle to and from downtown was an unexpected perk. There's also a pretty courtyard where you can take your drink out into the sun.

The hotel itself is a bit old and outdated, but our accommodations were clean and comfortable. The location right off the highway made it exceptionally easy to find as well. I'll definitely stay here again if I ever return to Bangor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel and I must admit that it was a disappointment. The check in was very nice and friendly. We were very tired and it was nice to see some friendly faces.
The room itself was not the cleanest we have stayed in. We were traveling with our dog so we have seen quite a few pet friendly rooms and I must say that the carpet in this room really seemed to hold on to smells and dander. All the other pet friendly rooms we have stayed in had washable floors. The hotel is supposed to be totally non smoking but there was a very strong smoke smell in the room all night. As I have allergies it was difficult to fall asleep and the noise from the drive through at Dunken donuts next door woke us up early in the morning. I mentioned the smoking and the carpet issue to the front desk clerk who said she would look into it as there was a 200 dollar fine for guests who do smoke in the hotel, but she did not seem very concerned about our unhappy stay. It was a nice arrival but a disappointing stay and departure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank asage
Joani B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear asage,
I'm sorry to hear about your stay. We want to provide our guest with a clean and comfortable stay. We are fully non-smoking and I do apologize that you were exposed to this during your stay. I'm glad you took the time to let us know and I will be sure to have our housekeepers take a closer look at our pet friendly rooms. I like your mention of alternative floors for pet rooms and I will bring this up when we replace them during our next renovation. Thank you again, I hope you will give us a chance to do better we truly appreciate your business and feedback.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked my room through one of those travel sites and got an excellent deal for the one night I was in town. My room was spotless and quiet, and the facility is safe, secure and well-lit. The Holiday Inn offers a wealth of amenities, which I appreciated. My only concern, and it is a minor one, is that the physical layout of the building is quite confusing. I could not have made my way from my room to the front desk without going outside if I tried.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were visiting from NY and had a bad experience at the first hotel we had booked, we called this hotel and explained the situation and said we needed a last minute room that would accommodate a dog. Because of the issue with the other hotel, the person in the front took us to our room and let us inspect it (ie-Bed bugs). The staff was great, the room was beautiful, my son loved the pool, we had an easy walk to the back to take the dog out..our trip was saved!! I would stay here again b/c of the courtesy, convince and cleanliness!

It was strange waking up in a hotel on Easter Sunday, but this was a nice place to do so!!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a room in the back, easy access to the back parking lot area.