“Nice surprise!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Punta Gorda
“Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This ramada was a great find! very convenient to highways and downtown. Breakfast was a leisure dining experience in a real restaurant instead of a hole in the wall off the lobby like most breakfast included hotels! Restaurant staff and bartender were very friendly and efficient! Room was clean and comfortable.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

After a 15 hour drive, I arrived at the Ramada Inn at about 1am looking for a room. On the downside, they would not honour the hotel coupon found in the travellers coupon group - which was indeed a disappointment - but given that I had not found a room in any other local hotels, I stayed here anyways. That was the only downside.

The woman at the front desk was unusually cheery and helpful given the hour. I asked for a quiet room and definitely got what I requested. I usually use the fan in a hotel room to dull the hall noise during the night, but the fan was too loud and was keeping me awake, so I took my chances. I slept undisturbed until after 8am even without the fan. I was VERY pleased with how quiet the room was.

The room was clean, comfy and well appointed. I certainly found everything I needed here. I didn't realize before checking in that breakfast was included, so before checking out I stopped by the restaurant to find a full hot buffet breakfast ... a nice surprise and a tasty meal.

I would definitely stay here again ... it's been about 15 years since my last stay, and it still leaves me with a positive impression.

Room Tip: I ended up in a room at the far back of the hotel ... great spot if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to stay here cause it looked nice from the outside. That is where the looks stopped. Hotel is seriously outdated. The staff messed up our room twice before putting us in the room we settled for. Pool was cold and there were no towels to be found. They provided a courtyard to cross to get to the pool from the other side of the hotel but the door locked behind you so you then had to walk all the way through the hotel to get back to the other side. We will not be staying here again and would not recommend it to anyone. I would rather stay at Motel 6 for half the price!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bangor hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Loved staying here!! great prices, wonderful professional staff. Will come back to Bangor and stay no where but the Ramada. I traveled with my husband two children and the little ones. Staff was friendly and helpful, I am a elderly lady who has never been to the Bangor area a young lady Elizabeth treated me with respect and dignity regardless of my elder age I had a list of questions for her and she answered them one at a time and gave me all of her attention upon checking in and such a welcoming smile that made me feel at home, she gave me a very helpful map that showed me where I was and was interested in going to the Bangor mall . Room was clean and neat. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough with my room. Pool opened early and closed late and was very comfortable my grandchildren loved staying here they called it the magical pool (its in the shape of a 8). I needed some towels and Chris brought them into me without hesitation. We ate at Avatiors Restaurant that is in the hotel. My husband and I had the mushroom and swiss burger with fries and my picky eaters my grandchildren had chicken tenders and fries and ate every bite even the pickle! A+++ Hotel is recommend to anyone wondering about it surpassed all expectations. Thank you Again Ramada Bangor

Room Tip: no elevator so maybe we will ask for ground floor next time
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teresa B
Cape Breton Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had driven with 3 small children for 8 hours. We were promptly checked in, room was great, and service was fantastic. Totally enjoyable after a long day on the road. East to get to off the Highway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wanda M
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Needed overnight accommodations on the way back from Canada to Massachusetts. We arrived late and hungry. We were pleased with the room prices and the cleanliness..everything was immaculate. The staff was extremely pleasant. Bartender, Kasey, in their Aviator Lounge was great and so was the food! Room price included a full hot breakfast buffet the next morning. Again, very pleasant folks and a very nice and varied selection. We will definitely stay there again as we visit friends in Canada regularly. Kudos to Trea, Lydia, Kasey, and Samantha!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBugBoston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Wow has this hotel come a long way. Amazing rooms. Clean and everything works. The pool is awesome. Wish they had an outside also for the summer. Worth every penny. Loyal fan when I'm in maine. I use at least a can of lysol whoever I stay. Not here. Sheets fresh and clean

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business