“hotel stay”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Hartford, Connecticut
“hotel stay”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This hotel was very clean. The rooms were larger than expected and very comfortable. The staff was accommodating and friendly. There was a great breakfast buffet in the morning. It was a perfect location for my needs. I will definately stay again if I am in area and I will recommend it to anyone I know traveling in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Michael P, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Thank you for your Praise! Everyone here at the Comfort Inn works very hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay and when we get comments like this it makes all the hard work worth while.
We hope to see you back very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Gonic, NH
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Bangor is always a tough place to get a good room at a reasonable rate. This property met my needs. It was the first visit for me. The first night when entering the lobby the three front desk people pointed out Minestrone soup in the kitchen and all the fixings for peanut butter and sandwiches to go with it. The next night they had clam chowder. Both mornings the breakfasts were hot and everything was kept full. There was seating at 14 tables for over 45 people. I thought I read that the breakfast area was confined, but with over 30 people eating, getting food and moving the only area that was a little tight was the coffee area just inside the room of the left. You could take your food back to your room. They had cardboard trays and in addition to a desk in the room, there was also a table with two dining chairs. The internet connection still says HiltonHhonors and works good. You are adjacent to the Maine Mall with a wide variety of restaurants. We walked to the 99 Restaurant on the other side of the parking lot to use a gift certificate we had. Route 95 near the hotel if you want to be away from the highway, ask for the west side of the building. My spouse is sensitive to smells, perfumes, etc. This was one of the most odor free rooms and locations we have been to. The staff is a little casual, they did not acknowledge my Platinum status and were a little casual with calling guests "buddy" and other familiar terms with people they did not know. But they were enthusiastic and sometimes that goes a little further then formality. During our stay the hotel parking lot was about 65% people from New Brunswick, Canada, 25-30% Maine vehicles and a couple cars from NH and Quebec province. I like the other chains in the area, but if they keep the price point where it has been I will be staying at this location again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
On behalf of everyone here at the Comfort Inn I want to thank you for your kind words regarding your stay! We recently renovated our lobby and breakfast area and I’m glad to hear that it eased the flow of the, what can often times be, a very busy breakfast service.
I’m very sorry to hear that your Platinum status was not acknowledged, that is not typical of our front desk staff. We try very hard to treat every guest with a warm welcome and hope that the use of familiarities was not offensive or unprofessional in anyway.
I hope to see you back soon and again, thank you for your review!
Port Williams ,Nova Scotia,Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Great experience-rooms were large,clean and super comfy bed!Unexpected,as we had not realized the Comfort Inn had been the old Hampton Inn-easy access to all shopping and travel.
We chose to stay there a number of nights and make it our"homeBase"-worked out well ,as everywhere we wanted to go was within a couple hours driving-

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela N
Michael P, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you for choosing the Bangor Comfort Inn as your "home base" while doing your holiday shopping! We have recently completed extensive renovations to our lobby/breakfast area which will hopefully make your next visit an even better one. On behalf of everyone here at the Comfort Inn Bangor, thank you for staying with us!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I didn't have many expectations going there, but it was a great place to stay. The staff were great and kept the halls and rooms very clean. It is central to all the shopping and the highway, which leads to great shopping in Kittery.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a recent business trip, used to stay here when this was a Hampton Inn property. Overall not bad, just a shade below average as rooms are tired. Furniture, rugs, curtains, etc need to be updated. For Bangor Maine I thought the price was high in comparison to other places I have stayed. They did have a nice dinner reception and breakfast. The main reason I stayed here is the 99 is right behind the hotel. I would not say don't stay here, just saying there are probably better alternatives for someone who is staying on vacation, longer than one night.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NEFANMAN
Sussex, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2012

My daughter and I stayed here Nov.12-14.We were on a bus tour (Nancy's) and she certainly found a super spot.The staff were super friendly and our room was really nice.Bed pillows and the the bath were all really nice.Breakfast was excellent.Lots of choices.Very convient location for all us shoppers.We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Spent two nights here for a shopping trip (Nov 3rd and 4th) and it was excellent. Stayed in a King room on the third floor (room 331) and it had a fridge and microwave. The bed was comfy, bathroom lovely and room excellent. You do hear hall noise, but it was not overwhelming!

The staff was extremely friendly! The location of the hotel is close to everything and easy to get to!

The breakfast was probably the best hotel breakfast I have had in the states, lots of choice hot and cold items and 24 hour coffee!!!!

I enjoyed my stay and this will be my new Bangor home for all my future shopping trips!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple