“Good”
Review of Comfort Inn Bangor

Comfort Inn Bangor
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I found the beds comfortable and the internet worked well. It was nice to have a choice of pillows. The man at the front desk was helpful. I picked up an evening paper in the lobby. The air conditioner was not turned on when I entered the room, and the room was warm. I arrived at 1130 pm so it was hard to fall asleep in such a warm place. I asked for and received a mini fridge with a freezer, which was about one foot high.

My GPS lead me to the wrong location, and I had to ask at another motel to find my way to the hotel. Be sure you set your GPS with the address from the website. The Comfort Inn is located on the left side as you enter the Bangor Mall area from Hogan Road,

The decor was old fashioned and so it had beige walls, brown floors and older brown furniture. I felt that the breakfast was not high quality, but there was a lot of food. It is probably a good hotel for families.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
KathrynWells, Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I am sorry your room was warm when you arrived and you had trouble finding us. In the future, please feel free to call us to request we turn the air conditioning on prior to your arrival. We are always more than happy to help with directions too. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Good place but a little spendy. It was a bit of a hassle to get here, but its surrounded by lots of shopping. Even with a Priceline express deal it was a bit expensive but a better price than other similar hotels in the area. I'd stay here again. They were very helpful with some packages I had sent there. Breakfast was better than most.

• Stayed: June 2013
KathrynWells, Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I travel a lot, for business and pleasure, and shockingly, unbelievably, inconceivably, the freaking Comfort Inn in freaking Bangor Maine is the nicest chain hotel I've stayed at in quite some time. Not sure if it's a new hotel or just recently remodeled, but everything looked very nice and worked properly. Nice lobby. Nice elevator. Nice hallways. Very nice room. Friendly and attentive staff; even when I hit the road at 4:30am, they were there to offer me fresh coffee and a newspaper. Very convenient location, 30 seconds off I-95 and ten minutes from Bangor International. Plenty of gas stations and stores around. 10 minute drive to good food on the river. No view to speak of (all I could see was a Staples and the Bangor mall in the distance) but whatever. I slept great and had no problems at all. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kafziel
KathrynWells, Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This Comfort Inn is located in an ideal location in a quiet green space within close walking distance to I-95 and a shopping mall. There is also an excellent restaurant, the 99 Restaurant and Pub, next door. Our room was spacious and quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable and the management provided features often missing in other hotels such as four large bath towels, extra pillows, and thick blankets for the bed. The management were efficient and friendly, putting out tasty cookies for their guests at 7PM! The TV was of very good quality with numerous cable channels to choose from.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback! Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Located almost within walking distance of the Bangor mall and just off Highway 95, the Comfort Inn in Bangor is one of the cleanest hotels we've ever stayed at. It is modern looking from the outside with plenty of parking; the rooms are a good size and , again, very clean. Large screen TV with over 60 channels and windows that can be open to let in fresh air. The beds are comfortable with coffee maker in the room. ( You might hear interstate traffic if you open the window but it did not bother us ).
The staff is very friendly and help out with directions or questions about the area. Several vending machines throughout the hotel.
The breakfast area serves hot waffles, ham, sausage, etc from 06:00 to 10:00 hrs and is very good. they also supply tea/coffee and fresh cookies throughout the day.
There is a restaurant/pub right within walking distance - the 99.
All in all, a great place to stay with reasonable rates. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The hotel appears very nice from the outside, lobby and the rooms. The room was comfortable but after awaking in the morning I found bugs in my bed. These were not bed bugs but looked like fleas. I was very upset and complained upon checkout but the front desk said they could not do anything since I had prepaid the room through Expedia. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Blunozer

I sincerely regret that you were affected by this unfortunate issue and understand your frustration. We try hard to maintain high standards and to provide exceptional quality service to our guests. We take pride in our reputation and value the concerns of our guests. Please be assured that the situation you encountered is not customary at the Comfort Inn Bangor and feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for four nights. We found the beds comfortable, rooms clean, and the breakfast wonderful. They offer cheese, crackers, cookies in the evening. The cookies are very good. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The only negative thing I could say, is the cleaning staff, start much to early, and are very loud. We would be only to happy to stay at this hotel again. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.