“"I Will Be Back!!"”
Review of Comfort Inn Bangor

Comfort Inn Bangor
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We took a 3,312 mile road trip from Knoxville, TN and this was our turn around point before heading south. We had booked this hotel sight unseen and were extremely pleased with our choice!!! The beds were very comfy, the rooms nicely decorated and spacious. Also, another thing we loved was the close proximity of Baxter State Park where three out of four of us saw our first moose (and a big bull at that!!!). We will definitely be back to stay...so much to see and do in so little time!!! Awesome staff, awesome location, awesome stay!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
KathrynWells, Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your high praise of our hotel! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback. If there's ever anything more we can do, please don't hesitate to let us know - we're always looking for ways to improve! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Bangor

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Hampton Inn renamed and refreshed a little. Convenient location right next to the somewhat noisy I-95 and Bangor Mall. Decent large rooms, dated decor, comfy beds, clean sheets and bathrooms. Very friendly hotel staff. Those are the pluses. What really needs improvement is breakfast food quality. In today's world yellow pellets do not fly as scrambled eggs and nobody wants these greasy breakfast links. If doughnuts, yoghurt and a sorry tasting brown liquid pretending to be coffee are your thing you'll be fine otherwise there is McDonald's restaurant nearby.

Room Tip: I-95 stays noisy all night, look for rooms in the back
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding breakfast on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the continental breakfast staff to ensure we improve on your concerns.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Bangor.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Second time to stay here. Rooms are very nice. Room I stayed in was recently remodeled. Flat screen TV. Bed was very nice. Slept well. I had a late check in due to a delayed flight. Was a little disappointed the AC was not on. It was very stuffy in the room. It took a while to cool it off. The AC seemed to struggle cooling as it never got real cool during the day (rm 327). The staff is really nice and helpful and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
KathrynWells, Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Our employees love to hear feedback from our guests. We apologize the room was hot when you checked in. In the future, feel free to give us a call ahead of time and we would be happy to turn the air conditioner on before you arrive. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

On a little road trip in Maine this past June, we decided to take advantage of one of Choice Hotels promotions; stay two separate nights and get a $50.00 gift card; see Choice site for particulars. The hotel is in the former Hampton Inn between I95 and the Bangor Mall. Pleasant staff, comfortable rooms, well appointed, a fridge, good size room too. But for us the little things make the difference; between 5 and 7 crackers, pepperoni and three types of cheese is served in the breakfast room. At 7 PM you have to try the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies; sorry I couldn't stop at one. Next night, we stayed at the same chain in Ellsworth. We had dinner in Ellsworth at the Union River Lobster Pot; no excuse for not having a great meal there. I am submitting this review because I want travellers to know where staff and management are trying to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the center of the building; then you will be close to everything they offer. Did...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ixlr8

Dear Guest,

We're thrilled to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thanks for making us your hotel of choice in Bangor. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to let us know. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This hotel is surprisingly good. It was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom is beautifully remodeled - I loved the amount of counter space by the sink. Good shower water pressure. Comfortable beds. One of the best free breakfasts I've had a long time. It has a free shuttle to the airport which enabled my sister to catch that for her flight while I returned the rental car for my later flight. I chose this place based on the Trip Advisor reviews and was glad I did - I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
KathrynWells, Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Guest,

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thanks for making us your hotel of choice in Bangor. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

As a smaller city there are not a lot of choices for where to stay but this is a good choice. Just a few minutes off the main road this property is just beside a large mall complex. This has the look and feel of a new property and is very clean. The rooms are large and modern. The breakfast is a little more complete than most with bacon and eggs along with the buns and sweets. Staff was helpful and the inroom internet worked well.. If you're driving the older famous beaches of Wells Beach, The Ogunquit area and Perkins Cove are about an hour south and are well worth a look.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jfarlam

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback . Our staff loves to hear back from all our guests. They take great pride in providing exceptional service and want to leave each guest with great memories of their experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I found the beds comfortable and the internet worked well. It was nice to have a choice of pillows. The man at the front desk was helpful. I picked up an evening paper in the lobby. The air conditioner was not turned on when I entered the room, and the room was warm. I arrived at 1130 pm so it was hard to fall asleep in such a warm place. I asked for and received a mini fridge with a freezer, which was about one foot high.

My GPS lead me to the wrong location, and I had to ask at another motel to find my way to the hotel. Be sure you set your GPS with the address from the website. The Comfort Inn is located on the left side as you enter the Bangor Mall area from Hogan Road,

The decor was old fashioned and so it had beige walls, brown floors and older brown furniture. I felt that the breakfast was not high quality, but there was a lot of food. It is probably a good hotel for families.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I am sorry your room was warm when you arrived and you had trouble finding us. In the future, please feel free to call us to request we turn the air conditioning on prior to your arrival. We are always more than happy to help with directions too. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!