“SUCH a great place!”

cap'n nemo's
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We Are The Most Unique Restaurant On The Island (cir.1900) Everything On Our Menu Is Prepared From Scratch. We Have The Best Burgers On The Island And Further. We Are Open Year Round. Our Prices Are Modest And We Cater To The Locals. We Have A Great Selection Of Local Micro Brew Beers And A Full Bar To Boot. Our Bar-b-que Is Awesome, Pull'd Pork And Baby Backs Smoked Right Here.
North Canton, Ohio
“SUCH a great place!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

It takes a special person to love a place like this. If you are the kind that has to have order, things in place and white spotless walls you may want to continue on. However, if you love the crazy things in life, stuff all over the walls and mismatched chairs this is your place!

Cap'n Nemo's is what I would draw up if I was told to imagine a dive bar near the ocean - and I mean dive in the BEST possible way.

I stopped her during my day visiting MDI and I fell in love instantly. I was the only customer there as it was during an odd hour (around 2PM) but the staff was amazingly kind. The burger was delicious, the mozzarella sticks were amazing and the atmosphere made me feel at home. I had fun taking in everything that covered the walls!

I highly recommend this place to everyone!!

Maryland
“Best Bloody Mary EVER!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

What a fun and funky place. We visited several times while vacationing in Southwest Harbor, ME. The staff is fabulous, the owner hilarious, and the haddock sandwich delicious. But best of all is their bloody mary, served with a lobster tail. It's pricey but worth it! Stop by for a laugh and you'll leave as a friend.

1 Thank KathrynDL
Perth, Australia
“Yummy lobster rolls”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were poking around the island and stumbled onto this place. Took a photo as we drove past. A few minutes later my husband said "We have to go back & atbleastnhave a beer". So we did....ans a lobster roll...and blueberry pie.

A fun place to explore. Lots of character. Excellent service, great food and inexpensive.

The lobster roll was excellent. Fresh & we asked for no mayo. Good size.

Beers icy cold. Great service with freindly staff. We drove away wishing this was our local pub!

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Tons of character, cold beer, average food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

A neat place to just hang out and chat with the locals. The beer is cold and plentiful, I dare you to drink cheaper anywhere. The chowder was tasty, the grilled haddock flavorful but a tad over cooked. Still, a must place to visit, eat the bat food and chill. Bring cash, they don't take credit cards, but the do have an ATM just in case you are plastic impaired. With Dylan pouring from the speakers it's hard to be anything other than enchanted.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A whacky place, a must stop for a quick beer”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It's a little crazy but cool, worth stopping for a cold one on the way to Bass Harbor lighthouse. Funky weird stuff on the wall and nice cold beer. A friendly family owned business, at least during the day when I was there.

1 Thank hotrod53