All reviewsother guestscookiesb bsbar harborthought of everythingyogurteach morningspent a weekfive starwealth of knowledgeour honeymoonevery eveningrelaxing oasispersonal touchthree coursessalad greensexercise equipment
Reviewed 29 August 2013

EXcellent simply said. Suite outstanding, host and hostess superb, wine and cheese, delightful, location spectacular. Thank you Alan and Jeanette for a wonderful 3 days. The quieter side of the island was the best choice of our holiday and we are glad we stayed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beth L
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We hesitate to say how perfect Ann's Point is, lest we be unable to book a room there again next year. And yet, this inn and the innkeepers who are the perfect hosts, deserve all the accolades they receive.

First the setting: gorgeous and quiet, water views from every window, a blue heron here, a bunny rabbit there, hummingbirds at the feeder, mist over water. A serene place to be, in good weather or even in fog and rain.

The accommodations: tastefully furnished house and guest rooms with a fireplace, lovely king-sized sleigh bed, chairs facing the water, both inside and outside, homemade cookies left in our room in the evening, a huge library of DVD's, pool, sauna, hot tub: every amenity one could want, all offered graciously by the hosts. Fresh flowers from the garden are in beautiful vases throughout the house, in guest rooms and bathrooms.

The innkeepers/hosts: Alan and Jeanette are the perfect hosts: friendly and helpful, but never intrusive. Alan's wine and cheese at 5:30pm will introduce you to delightful new surprises: locally produced mead (much lighter than you might think from your Beowulf or Shakespeare texts) beer, and wine produced locally, and interesting cheeses from Italy, France, Maine, and beyond. Jeanettes's breakfasts are incredible: fresh fruit, fresh-baked scones and sweet breads, savory entrees with herbs from their garden. Their thoughtful hospitality has set the bar high and is an exemplary model for other prospective B&B hosts.

Such a marvelous place to be, away from the crowds of Bar Harbor, but within easy driving distance of Southwest Harbor, Northeast Harbor, Somesville, and Acadia: we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We loved Blue Heron: very spacious, well-appointed, and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martha H
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I often think about writing reviews, but rarely get around to it. But this B&B is so deserving of accolades that I couldn't miss the chance to add mine. This is my second night, and I am sitting in front of the fireplace in my large lavish room (Eagle's Nest) eating the homemade oatmeal raisin cookies that were left in our room while we were out to dinner, and drinking Starbuck's hot chocolate, which I made in the little gallery right outside my door. Later, I will take a dip in the hot tub (10 feet from the door) although the indoor pool is also inviting, then spend 15 min in the sauna (5 feet from my door) before hopping into the magnificent four poster bed where I will sleep like a baby in the quietest place in Maine. When I get up in the am, I will take a luxurious shower with the high scale bath products in my large bathroom, put on the warm robe left in my walk-in closet, make a cup of Keurig coffee and sit on my private deck overlooking the water. At eight, I will wander onto the veranda for a 3 course gourmet breakfast, again overlooking the water, before I head into one of the many coastal Maine towns (Bass Harbor, Southwest Harbor, Bar Harbor) for a day of adventure.
Do I have your attention yet?
I haven't even reached the high point- the hosts! Alan and Jeanette are warm and gracious, and made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in their door. When we arrived, Alan was making cheese (!), which we had with wine and crackers at 5:30 ( a nightly occurrence). Within a few minutes we were talking like old friends, and Alan's enthusiasm for making cheese and growing mushrooms was contagious - he lent my husband a book and we are already planning our first crop. The inn has only four rooms, so it is very intimate and it has been great fun meeting the other guests as well.
Great attention has been paid to every detail, the place is exquisite, the food is delectable, the hosts are delightful. My only regret is that we are leaving on Sunday. But not before we book next year!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This beautiful inn is immaculate and has every amenity one would hope for in a 5 star hotel but has the intimacy of an inn. The breakfasts are unique and delicious, wine and cheese tasting is a lovely late afternoon touch and to top off your day are warm cookies in your room before bedtime.
Alan and Jeanette are the innkeepers who go out of their way to make sure all your needs are met and you are comfortable.
We would definitely return. The inn enhanced our trip to Maine.

Room Tip: We stayed in eagle's Nest which is large with a fireplace, high ceilings and a four poster bed. I'm sure all of the rooms are equally lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed at Ann's Point Inn for 4 nights at the end of June. We loved everything about the Inn. The room was very clean, beautifully decorated with a huge two person jacuzzi tub and fireplace. The view from our room of the Sound was gorgeous. Alan and Jeanette could not have been better hosts. We loved the nightly wine and cheese and the breakfasts were amazing. I cannot say enough about Jeanette's cooking. Every day a new and delicious creation was artfully served. The treats we found in our room at the end of the night were absolutely delicious. We felt so at home from the wonderful snacks available all day to the huge collection of movies available to all the guests. I would not hesitate to recommend this Inn to anyone looking to stay in the Bar/Bass Harbor area. Absolutely perfect!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family