“This is the place to stay in Bath.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Bath

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
The Inn at Bath
Ranked #3 of 5 Bath B&B and Inns
World Citizen
“This is the place to stay in Bath.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

Why this place is not ranked number one of the Bath B & Bs is a bit hard to figure out. Sort of causes me to wonder about the rankings. If clean, quality accommodations coupled with an excellent host and an above average B & B breakfast is what you’re looking for this is your best bet.

We arrived in Bath without a place to stay. Stopped in a local tavern (The Kennebec) for a few beers and some food and asked the bar tender and a few local patrons in the bar for a recommendation. They pretty much all recommended The Inn at Bath and a few went a bit further to provide details on other B & Bs in the area that pretty much sealed the deal on this place. So we showed-up on a Friday afternoon about 5pm without a reservation. Elizabeth, the Inn keeper, was immediately accommodating and within minutes we were in the room…The Fo'c'sle (pronounced folk-sul, I think)…. a great room on the garden level. A nice sized room, comfortable queen bed, good linens, a fireplace stocked with wood and set for a fire…just light a match basically. The room also has an in-room Jacuzzi tub perfect for a soak. There is a separate bathroom with a good shower, sink, toilet and even a bidet if that’s your thing. There is a TV and collection of DVDs available if you want to relax in the room and watch a movie. This room also has a separate entrance if you want to come and go as you please.

The rest of the inn has a good bit of common area with plenty of sofas and chairs if you want to relax but not be confined to your room. There is also a good selection of books on hand if you need something to entertain yourself. The location is also really good. You can walk to the center of town in 5 mins and she has plenty of parking so you can park your car and walk.

When you check-in Elizabeth asks you about breakfast requirements and timing. Breakfast was great and she made eggs to order for us. There was plenty of food, good coffee and juice. Definitely, not the traditional continental breakfast offered at many B & Bs.

If you’re in Bath this is the place you want to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank myvoiceofreason

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Catonsville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

The Inn at Bath provides your quintessential NE B & B experience with the added pleasure of a jacuzzi and fireplace in some of the rooms, wireless service, and a very fun and savvy innkeeper. Our two breakfasts were delicious, our room quiet and comfortable, and who can resist throwing the ball for a friendly dog named Atticus? Elizabeth is the perfect host, personable and professional. Bath is a fun town; we enjoyed the Friday night ArtWalk, featuring local artists, and the Saturday morning farmer's market. We will return!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bath, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

When I moved to Maine little did I realize that I'd often play innkeeper myself. My family suddenly thought of my home as a vacation spot... when my entire family converges on Bath I will happily put overflow guests at the Inn At Bath.

Every one of them has raved about the accommodations. The rooms are luxurious and private with clean modern bathrooms.

The best review though may come for the breakfasts and the relaxed atmosphere.

I find Elizabeth (the innkeeper) to be charming, friendly and fun.

This place could change the way you view staying at a B & B.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TomBath_ME
Haddonfield, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

Inn at Bath is a quintessential New England inn on a major street a short walk from downtown Bath. It's worth taking a stroll around town just to look at the homes of the former sea captains and enjoy the ambience. The inn itself is spacious and comfortable, and innkeeper Elizabeth was very hospitable both on the phone when we made the reservation and during our stay. She directed us to a really good restaurant down on the river where we had an excellent seafood dinner.
Since my daughter went to Bowdoin I had been to Bath a number of times, but had never stayed there. I'm glad we did and we will return to the Inn at Bath.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Medstrike
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

Driving through mid-coast Maine on our way further down the coast, we had only one night to stay at the Inn at Bath. It was enough time, however, to enjoy a charming room, stunningly decorated common rooms, and a delicious breakfast in an exquisite dining room. Elizabeth, the innkeeper was very friendly, and helpful. We arrived at dinnertime in a rainstorm, and after check-in, she quickly secured a much appreciated dinner reservation for us at a good local restaurant. Our short stay was enjoyable, and I would recommend this inn to others.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

As other reviews have mentioned the breakfast was tasty and the rooms well decorated and cleaned. We appreciated much less the disciplinarian approach of the owner who appears to run a tight ship with little room for personalized courtesy. In spite of suggesting we would be able to negotiate a later checkout, she knocked at our door at 11:08am requesting immediate check-out. Since we'd arrived at midnight the night before, and paid a premium for the room, we found the tone inappropriate and unfriendly, and would not return to this inn.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
innatbath, Innkeeper/Owner at The Inn at Bath, responded to this review, 14 July 2009
When this reservation was made 10 days earlier, the guests mentioned that they would like a later check-out. I said that we could determine whether that was possible when they were here; it would depend on the demands on housekeeping that day I made arrangements for a midnight check-in for them, but I did not write down that they wanted to have a later check-out, if possible. (I do think that thier arrival time was part of the problem. To them, they were only here from midnight until 11:00 am, so asking for more time seems reasonable. But I cannot put a minimum time used schedule on a room, or I would soon have a bookkeeping nightmare!) 10 days later, I did not remember that they had asked. My error, for sure. We were full, and turning over 6 of our 8 rooms for 6 new reservations that day arriving as early as 1:00 pm. They came to breakfast and returned to their room without mentioning a late checkout to me or my staff. I had a staff person ready to remake the room so I knocked and reminded them that check-out was at 11:00. Again, they did not remind me, they simply said that they needed more time. This has been a great lesson for me to write everything down; we are juggling way too many things to think we can remember them all. And I hope that in the future, guests will remind an innkeeper when they have made a special request. I am certainly sorry this occured, and hope that I've not soured their opinion of choosing a B & B.
Arlington or Cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2008

We spent a few nights here after Thanksgiving to recuperate and enjoy the holiday decorations in Bath. Loved our room with a view to the river and a fireplace. The breakfast was delicious and the room is large and sunny. There are two other rooms to sit and read. The common rooms were decorated and festive. Elizabeth, our very friendly innkeeper, suggested towns to visit, stores for shopping, and restaurants. All in all, I loved staying here so much I didn't want to leave.

• Liked — Rooms, both private and common, were beautiful.
  • Disliked — My spouse said his side of the bed was uncomfortable -- but my side was fine! Oh well.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
Benjamin F. Packard House
Kennebec Inn
Kennebec Inn
#1 of 5 in Bath

Been to The Inn at Bath? Share your experiences!