“Excellent!!! Seafood beyond our expectations!”
Review of Schutty's Seafood

Schutty's Seafood
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 14 August 2014

First, start with the seafood chowder, hot, fresh and TASTEY! We then shared a large seafood platter with onion rings that were so lightly breaded we couldn't believe it. The seafood was amazing although we skipped the shrimp. The place is tiny, just a little trailer with a few picnic tables, could be easily missed but watch for traffic as this place has ALOT. The locals know where to go and we will be back!

1  Thank joanna w

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We finally got to Schutty's last weekend after years of passing by and thinking of stopping. Wish we had done so sooner. My husband had the haddock basket ($9.95) with onion rings -- so plentiful he could not finish them all. The haddock was beautiful -- fresh, white, and flaky. The basket came with a small slaw. I had the lobster roll ($14.95), which was served on a buttered and toasted split-top hot-dog-sized roll. The dressing was unobtrusive and added just the right finishing touch. The lobster was mostly knuckles, if you like that kind of thing (I do), a smidgen of claw, and no tail; it was the kind of lobster roll that you can actually eat gracefully -- no huge hunks that are hard to deal with. A tiny bit of lettuce at the bottom. A nice sized sandwich, but not overly large. Schutty's onion rings are NOT the pre-fab frozen kind -- they are dipped in a thin fritter-batter and are light as air.
We will try Schutty's again -- I want to try the fried clams, especially on the basis of the way the onion rings were prepared. Our other seafood touchstone, for my husband, is fried scallops -- so we look forward to another visit before the end of summer.

Outdoor seating only -- some tables do have umbrellas.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

When we arrived in Bath this afternoon I checked Trip Advisor for recommendations and found this place with terrific reviews. We tried the fried green beans, the lobster egg rolls and a small combo platter with oysters, scallops & onion rings. Yummy! The fried green beans were my fav, the egg rolls were good (but the lobster got lost in the mix), and the platter was very good. It was more than my husband & I could eat for dinner.

1  Thank MCBNH
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Best fried clams ever!! Fresh and clean. Excellent batter! Just down the road from MidCoast Hospital, off route one north.

1  Thank Ellen P
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Fresh, hot, cooked on trailer premises. Outdoor picnic tables located on main road, so lacking in atmosphere and ambiance, but food is tasty and abundant. Also, tried fried jalapenos and pickles. Varied menu, something for everyone.

2  Thank Patricia G