“Best Lunch at a Restaurant Ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brunswick, ME
“Best Lunch at a Restaurant Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We have been to the Best Thai II in Bath , Maine several times for a glass of wine and an appetizer, but this time we went for lunch. O.M.G! It was wonderful. We split an order of Vegetable Tempura (wonderful) and split an order of the Crispy Ginger Duck (exquisite)! And of course we each had a glass of Merlot (wonderful as always).
We were served a complimentary bowl of yummy soup and then the tempura came and it was, as always great. The Crispy Ginger Duck was to die for. We loved every bit of it and were so full.
We are going back for this meal again.
The service has always been great. The waiters are friendly, professional and very accommodating.

• Visited January 2014

Portland, Maine
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

We just returned from having dinner at the Best Thai in Bath.
Dinner was very good, however there was a problem that I don't believe was handled well.
We 3, had 2 glasses of wine, 3 appetizers, and ordered 3 entrees.
I ordered number 4 from the specials and my 2 companions both ordered number 3.
When the order arrived I was served number 5. I now had to wait 10 minutes or more for my order while my companions felt bad about eating their meals while I waited for mine to be served.
There was no compensation in the way of complimentary wine, appetizer, or sending the wrongly served meal home with the client.
Also as the waiter took the wrongly served meal away, we heard him say "free food".
This is not the way to create a good "word of mouth" recommendation from your patrons. Best Thai would have lost nothing in compensating and gained everything in client happiness.

• Visited December 2013
Berkshires MA
“One of the best Thai meals ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I never would have expected to have such a perfect Thai meal in Maine! Decor was nothing special, but boy was the food awesome! We went in because we had read all these great reviews online and so glad we did - everything was freshly made and absolutely delicious - and they managed to tread the line between flavorful and not spicy - I love Thai food but can't tolerate all the spice so when I order I always have to ask for things to be a zero on the spice scale - this restaurant was able to make the tastes come through without the heat! Loved that everything was cooked to order - and the owner was so nice - he came to talk to us and gave us ideas about day trips for the area. Would highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CEG310
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

As Bath does not have many different types of cuisines available, this place is a breath of fresh air! The food here is great, very authentic and prices reasonable. Service is great and the restaurant is in an old charming building and has been decorated nicely. I also really recommend their coconut ice cream for dessert, delicious!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank kelly123456
Amesbury, Massachusetts
“Love this Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We've been here several times. This is a wonderful addition to the restaurant scene in Bath. The food, service, ambiance, and value are all excellent.

• Visited August 2013