“Well worth the visit”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

If you are in Bath and want great BBQ, this is the place to visit. My only warning is it is a small place so be ready to wait for a table. Once you order you will be happy with the quality of the food. My wife and I shared the BBQ platter with ribs, chicken, sausage and brisket. The food is smoked with little to any dry rub added. It comes out lightly basted so that you can add your own sauce. So no worry that the cooks drown the natural flavor out. You have control of how much sauce is used. If I could give this experience 6 circle/stars I would.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I love to try bbq from a variety of places and so far my favorite is from a place called Danny's in Cary, NC. This bbq was not very flavorful and it was bland but to my surprise the Jalapeno cornbread was really great. Not spicy at all! We ordered the barbeque chicken which was great and the pulled pork but it could have been any kind of pork as there was no flavor to it at all. My daughter had the Polluck which was excellent it had great flavor and I ended up eating part of her fish instead of my pulled pork. She had the Bayou Pilaf which tasted more like spanish rice instead of pilaf and we had the baked beans which were ok neither good nor bad and the coleslaw which was pretty good. I would visit again but I would just order the fish, chicken or maybe give the ribs a try.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

A great find in a land of somewhat unspiced foods. Beale's is a casual neighborhood place that welcomes everyone. The first clue is the big smoker that you pass on the way into the restaurant. The menu and the décor are real Tennessee barbecue. Choose from the pulled pork, the ribs, chicken, or seafood dishes, with great side dishes (cole slaw, greens, sweet potato mash, etc). The wine and beer are very modestly priced. Very attentive to special diets, in our case gluten free.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Amazing and unique BBQ options. I appreciate that their menu is not standard BBQ fare, but not so unusual that the average BBQ lover can't find something. Kudos on the menu and, oh, the meat is fabulous! They also have a kids menu to suit the young family members who may not yet have acquired the BBQ taste. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had the pulled pork sandwich and chose slaw as the side....good choice. The dressing was just right, a very lightly vinegar with a tiny sugar and herbs, made me a non-mayo slaw person!!! The pulled pork was tender flavorful and lightly smoked, delicious. Their regular dressing looks like standard sauce but isn't and gave a nice flavor to it all. Hubby had the chili (way hot, watch out) and enjoyed sharing my sandwich, plenty to share. Good BBQ in Maine? wow.