“Fresh Seafood; Well-Prepared”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I am a pick when it comes to crab cakes. These were very well prepared, moist, and well seasoned. I almost never like crab cakes with bell pepper, as crab meat is so easily overpowered by it. This is the first time I have had a crab cake where it complemented the flavor. Kudos to the Kennebec Tavern!

We also had a cup of the lobster stew. Very simple--lobster, cream, sherry, butter. What is not to like? Rich and delicious, with a generous helping of lobster meat.

Worth a visit if you are traveling through Bath or if you are staying there. Attentive staff. Helpful with recommendations.

2  Thank TravelForDummies

Reviewed 15 March 2014

It's a good place for well-prepared seafood. The service is good. I love the chocolate flourless torte.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was a wonderful surprise gem!! It sit upon the Kennebec River so during the day the view would be spectacular. We were there for dinner and Michelle, our waitress was one of the best who I ever had the pleasure to be served by. She knew all about the dishes on the menu as well as questions regarding how they were prepared. Two items on the menu really caught my interest and just had to try. The first was fried parsnips, yes parsnips, with a dash of salt. Most people have never tried or bothered with this understated veggie, but have been part of my cooking for a number of years. The parsnips were sliced or shaved and then flash fried being crisp, sweet and the salt added the perfect combination. The second wonderful item was the the smoked tomato soup with chives and croutons. The tomatoes are smoked then cooked down and slightly pureed leaving body in the soup with the chives nicely dissolved with crisp croutons floating in the mixture. We finished with a couple of large salads with chicken, which was cooked to perfection on top of a huge mound of greens and such. Give this place a try and you will not be disappointed!!!

2  Thank Don R
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We always make it a habit of stopping for lunch when visiting Bath. Outdoor dining on the banks of the mighty Kennebec River doesn't get any better, fantastic service and food, try the fried clams!

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Bath,ME Hampton Inn. This restaurant is across the street. I normally do not order the fried fish but this was very good as was my wife's clams. Service was very good as well.

1  Thank 192jerrym