“Incredible Breakfast Spot in Bath”
Review of Starlight Cafe

Starlight Cafe
Ranked #7 of 50 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great food + thoughtful people = great start to any day! My son loves their white chocolate chip pancakes which you can see from the picture were bigger than the plate. The hash & eggs were definitely homemade. But the real stand out is the couple who owns this place! When we came in this year, they remembered us from 2 summers ago. This place seems to be a favorite with the locals so it can get crowded but it was definitely worth the wait. When ordering your toast, remember to order their special bread.

1  Thank cote_a_cote

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We ate here twice two years ago and ate here again twice during our last visit to Maine. The restaurant is family owned and operated and everyone works very hard to make it a pleasant experience. People were standing around waiting for the restaurant to open-it is obviously a favorite with the local residents of Bath. I still love the raspberry pancakes and the Wonderful Wicked Joe's coffee. The Whoopie Pies are also great.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a Saturday morning breakfast and it was one of the best we have had. Not only was the food delicious, the atmosphere was delightful. We were greeted by the cook and a sign that said "Here's the drill..." and went on to tell us how to order and proceed. Once our order was in, we got our own coffee and found a table for two. Our meal was delivered to our table along with utensils and things such as butter and syrup. After eating, we bussed our own table. The person who recommended the Starlight Cafe works in a nearby bank, and she told me they make their own breads and that their lunches are great, too. We certainly would be regulars at the Starlight Cafe if we lived nearby.

3  Thank David V
Reviewed 6 June 2014

service was fantastic. the large portions are wonderful for either breakfast or brunch. prices are the best in the city!

1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stopped into this great little spot for a late lunch and it did not disappoint. I had the tuna melt on what had to have been the best toasted multigrain bread I've had in a long time. I grew up in this area and there aren't many gems like Starlight Cafe left in the area anymore. I asked if they had any plans to expand into a larger location since business is good and their space is rather small (as previously noted by other reviewers). The answer was no because they don't want to lose the intimacy with their customers and the food. I will be definitely be returning later in the summer.

1  Thank ejcf333