“Come to Mario's for the best best pizza in town, you won't regret it”

Mario's Pizza of Bath
Ranked #34 of 51 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Fresno, CA
“Come to Mario's for the best best pizza in town, you won't regret it”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My husband and I are vacationing in New Hampshire. We drove all the way to Bath Maine today simply for the bacon pizza at Mario's

• Visited September 2013

Hewitt, Texas
“Great place for a quick meal”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We came here late one evening for dinner. The facilities aren't fancy but the pizza was good! The employees were helpful and very friendly.

Visited June 2013
Rockland, Maine
“"Best" Italian Sandwiches?...Meh”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

An "Italian Sandwich" is as ubiquitous in Maine as tourists in the summer. Determining "The Best" is a fool's errand because the answer you'll get will be based on a person's experience with only the limited number they have tested. I don't know how many I've tried in various shops and stores around the state. My personal favorite remains the sandwich produced by the Amato's on India Street in Portland. Let me be clear, only the Amato's on India Street. I've tried some at different franchise locations and each has come up lacking. The sandwiches at Marios get great reviews on several sites. I was in Bath around lunch time and figured I'd see for myself. The bread was wonderful, on par with that used on India Street. It had the right blend of softness and give that makes an Italian something you need to eat shortly after it is made or the juice from the vegetables and the oil will quickly soak through. It contained the standard vegetable set of pickles, onions, green peppers, tomatoes and black olives. The onions, pickles and peppers were julienned, not diced. I prefer them this way. The ham didn't leave any kind of impression. There was oil, though it was noticeable more by feel than by taste. The white American cheese did have a taste that I truly cannot describe. It was prominent. Even sitting here writing the day after the fact I cannot decide If I liked the taste or not. For me, the cheese with the vaguely unpleasant taste and the oil that was essentially tasteless puts this sandwich in the "average" zone. If I was with someone who wanted to eat at Mario's, I wouldn't protest. Next time I'm in Bath around lunch, I will try other options. One more thing that sparked my curiosity...why would anyone buy a small Italian when a regular is just 0.40 more?

• Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food and service for a hungry family”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Traveling with our extended family, we walked into Mario's hungry and hot. The staff was more than happy to accommodate the 12 of us and made sure we had everything we needed to cool off and satisfy our hungry kids ( and the adults too). The owners were very friendly and we had a great chat with them while we ate. Mario's is worth a visit for a quick, friendly and yummy lunch.

Visited July 2013
Damariscotta, Maine
“Worth detouring around”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Not my idea of pizza as it tends to be both too soggy and too oiled.
Suggest you test before you go with anyone but yourself.

Visited June 2013