“Love this place!”

Galley Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 51 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Bath is my hometown, and this is my hometown breakfast spot. The food is pretty typical greasyspoon, but the prices are very good and you don't have to wait around for it.

1  Thank Mary V
There are newer reviews for Galley Restaurant

Reviewed 10 December 2010

It's one of those places that the locals love, and the tourists feel lucky to find. It's got a homey feel with its humble appearance and like-grandma-made-it food. The prices were reasonable and the service was great.

1  Thank Williwillinui
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We stumbled on this place when we looked for restaurants in our GPS, after escaping from a tourist-trap restaurant. We were amazed. Everything was so tasty and the prices were very reasonable. The place was almost full, yet service was pretty good. I had a fabulous stuffed haddock (they used Ritz crackers, butter, and parsley) with turnips, carrots, and mashed potatoes. When was the last time you got turnips at a restaurant? (I happen to like turnips.)

2  Thank DancerGuy
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I really love a place that I can stop in anytime and consistently get a good meal. Don't go in there expecting a fancy meal because this place has a no frill feel and offers good meals 'home cooked' style. They are always warm and welcoming and seem to not mind my kids and actually the last time we were in both the waitress and cook came over and offered us crayons and crackers (huge plus+++). To sum it up if you are looking for good food at a good price go to The Galley.

1  Thank gypsy54Maine
Reviewed 15 May 2006

If you love food as I do, the Galley is the place to eat. If you judge food by it's "Presentation" or the restaraunt's "Atmosphere", don't go to the Galley because you won't find either.
This place is tucked away on Centre St. You could drive or even walk by it a hundred times and never be tempted to stop. In spite of it's out-of-the-way location, it's almost always busy. This in itself tells you something - i.e., it's good enouigh to draw a crowd!
Their breakfasts are so large that if there are 4 of you, you might have to split and use another table to hold all the food.
I have also had some real taste treats. One was a fresh crab sandwich with a taste to die for! Eat until you can't hold anymore, pay a bill so small that you'll think that they made a mistake, and take the rest home for another meal.
The waitresses are mostly "experienced" and friendly. The service is not hectic, but my meals have always been served hot.
This is my favorite restaraunt.

3  Thank Frank K