“A seriously wonderful bookshop”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Open Book

Ranked #6 of 6 Shopping in Bath
Hyattsville, Maryland
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“A seriously wonderful bookshop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This place has to be one of the greatest rare book shops I've ever been in. I haven't been in many, mind you; but this one is amazing. I found some things there that I'll probably never see again in my life. The variety! The random (and no so random) subject matter! Do not plan on a "quick visit", unless you are a boring and lame individual who has no attention span or imagination. Everywhere you look, there's something really interesting to check out. On one hand, it's a shame that it's so hard to find a shop like this. On the other, I'm glad that it's something that demands so much appreciation when you do come across one. For a collector, it's a treasure trove. For someone who's just interested in finding something wonderful for yourself, it's just as valuable. If you do visit, please buy a lot of old, expensive books. Places like this are dying out and it'd be a shame if they became even harder to find. I can't wait to go back sometime.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank CaptainAwethume

Cambridge MA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Book Lovers Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We wandered into the store expecting to find just another used book store but what we found was a collection of incredibly well preserved & varied antique books that could have easily kept us browsing for hours. The subjects include everything from cook books, Maine & maritime history to classic literature. The owner was very personable & friendly and really seemed to love his work. They apparently stock about 15,000 books & are a refreshing hiatus from a world filled with kindles & nooks. This will definitely be a stop on any trip through MidCoast Maine.

Visited June 2013