“Beautiful B&B with great service and gluten free breakfast options”

Benjamin F. Packard House
Ranked #2 of 6 Bath B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I was only in town 2 days, but didn't want to stay at a hotel. I loved the charm of this old house. The street was very quiet and it was just a short walk into town.

Amy was an excellent and knowledgeable host. The entire house was super clean. Turn down service, a pitcher of cold water and even chocolate covered blueberries in my room. I also really enjoyed the deep soaker tub in my room.

The best part for me is that Amy was able to accommodate my gluten allergy and I had a great breakfast every morning. The berry crisp was fabulous!!

Glad I got to stay and enjoy the area :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Masha P

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The innkeeper was very friendly and accommodating. The room (Downeaster) was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Available parking. Really no problem. If you're looking for a nice spot to stay while you're in the mid maine coast, this is nice place for good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Noli B
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Packard room on a recent trip to the Maine coast. I'm glad we strayed from the normal hotel routine and decided to give the B&B route a try. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was to stay in a small B&B. Our room was clean and comfortable and didn't have that very outdated feel I get when browsing photos of other B&B's. The breakfast here is awesome. My husband stated that the scones we had there were probably the best scones he's ever had and I should have bought a jar of their granola while I was there because its wonderful. Their 2 dogs just made it feel that much more relaxed and welcoming. I'd definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay, Amy was a most welcoming host and cooked a great breakfast. We stayed in the Downeaster room which was lovey. I was impressed with the different baskets to recycle rubbish. All of the communal rooms were decorated beautifully and extremely clean, it was hard to decide which was most comfortable to sit in, we opted for the games room and played yahtzee! Sadly we only had one night there, if we had known how beautiful the B&B was and how much there was to see in Bath, we may have chosen to stay 2 nights. We were on a tour of 6 New England states and stayed somewhere different almost every night, Amy and Mark's place was probably our favourite and we stayed in some good qaulity B&B's, including select registry ones. Heartily recommended and that's without mentioning the gorgeous Lupi and Tille!

Room Tip: cannot imagine there would be a bad room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kevdeb25th
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I spent a long weekend in Bath, ME and stayed at the Packard House. The house is beautiful and in addition to their rooms, guests have access to four rooms one the first floor of the house. They are perfect for sitting and reading, playing board games, or watching television. ALl the rooms are comfortable but the guest room and bath was lovely, the bed was great and I had a lovely and relaxing mini-break.
Breakfast is superb! You can have homemade granola with milk or yogurt and fresh fruit with a freshly baked, muffin or scone in the morning or you can add the hot breakfast to the buffet....Have the hot breakfast. It is delicious and will set you up for a day filled with the activities of your choice.

Amy and Mark are charming and lovely innkeepers!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2013

A daughter who recently moved to Bath insisted that we cancel the reservations we made elsewhere and book at "Amy and Mark's" Benjamin Packard House instead. We did and had an impressive 3 day experience in the one room that also had a sitting room attached (the Garden Suite) Very convenient location to start, excellent parking, clean, clean, clean, helpful information and ideas from Amy, and an extraordinary breakfast, starting with GREAT coffee, sweet fresh fruit and yoghurt, and a tasty creative hot dish. When we return to Bath, this is where we will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swgourmet
Reviewed 30 September 2013

B&B's are our first choice when traveling and Benjamin Packard House ranks in our top five. We stayed here with another couple on July 25, 2013 on our way from Portland to Bar Harbor. The inn was very comfortable and Amy was very hospitable and helpful. Our breakfast was excellent but extremely filling - so we were too full for lobster rolls when we arrived at Wiscasset and Red's Eats. We stayed in the Garden Suite. The rooms were comfortable and spacious except for the bathroom which is very small. I would highly recommend this inn. I only wish it hadn't been raining so that we could take advantage of the beautiful landscaped garden area outside the kitchen and living areas.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Residence Inn Bath Brunswick Area
#5 of 6 in Bath
Kennebec Inn
Kennebec Inn
#1 of 6 in Bath

Been to Benjamin F. Packard House? Share your experiences!