“Couldn't have been more comfortable”

Benjamin F. Packard House
Ranked #2 of 6 Bath B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 August 2014

From the time I called to book until we left, Amy was the as hospitable as could be. Her home cooked meals were a real treat. The atmosphere and ambiance were perfect. My wife loved the Italian Sheepdogs. Very well behaved and friendly dogs. There were fresh ice water and treats in our room both days we stayed.
My wife and I couldn't have asked for more.
Thank you Amy!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craig3970
There are newer reviews for Benjamin F. Packard House

Reviewed 22 August 2014

If you want the chance to see Bergamasco Sheepdogs and plan on visiting the excellent Maine Maritime Museum, you need to stay here.
Breakfast was excellent and romantic. A great value in a charming authentic New England town.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We have been staying in Inns in various places in New England for the past couple of weeks, some have been geeat and a couple have been average but coming to Bath and staying at this beautiful house has completed our holiday perfectly. Amy our host was an absolute delight, really personable and welcoming. She has made her home into this beautiful guest house which is tastefully decorated and furnished. We happened to mention that we would be visiting the beach and she instantly offered us beach towels and beach chairs. Amy's home cooked breakfasts were gorgeous with fresh fruit and home baked scones and pancakes. There were many other lovely finishing touches which made our stay so special. If ever we return to Maine we will definitely come back here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I was only in town 2 days, but didn't want to stay at a hotel. I loved the charm of this old house. The street was very quiet and it was just a short walk into town.

Amy was an excellent and knowledgeable host. The entire house was super clean. Turn down service, a pitcher of cold water and even chocolate covered blueberries in my room. I also really enjoyed the deep soaker tub in my room.

The best part for me is that Amy was able to accommodate my gluten allergy and I had a great breakfast every morning. The berry crisp was fabulous!!

Glad I got to stay and enjoy the area :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Masha P
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The innkeeper was very friendly and accommodating. The room (Downeaster) was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Available parking. Really no problem. If you're looking for a nice spot to stay while you're in the mid maine coast, this is nice place for good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Noli B
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Packard room on a recent trip to the Maine coast. I'm glad we strayed from the normal hotel routine and decided to give the B&B route a try. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was to stay in a small B&B. Our room was clean and comfortable and didn't have that very outdated feel I get when browsing photos of other B&B's. The breakfast here is awesome. My husband stated that the scones we had there were probably the best scones he's ever had and I should have bought a jar of their granola while I was there because its wonderful. Their 2 dogs just made it feel that much more relaxed and welcoming. I'd definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay, Amy was a most welcoming host and cooked a great breakfast. We stayed in the Downeaster room which was lovey. I was impressed with the different baskets to recycle rubbish. All of the communal rooms were decorated beautifully and extremely clean, it was hard to decide which was most comfortable to sit in, we opted for the games room and played yahtzee! Sadly we only had one night there, if we had known how beautiful the B&B was and how much there was to see in Bath, we may have chosen to stay 2 nights. We were on a tour of 6 New England states and stayed somewhere different almost every night, Amy and Mark's place was probably our favourite and we stayed in some good qaulity B&B's, including select registry ones. Heartily recommended and that's without mentioning the gorgeous Lupi and Tille!

Room Tip: cannot imagine there would be a bad room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kevdeb25th
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
#1 of 6 in Bath
The Inn at Bath
The Inn at Bath
#4 of 6 in Bath

Been to Benjamin F. Packard House? Share your experiences!