“A sad experience, different from other reviews”
Review of The Grille - CLOSED

The Grille
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We recently had dinner at The Grille, and had such high hopes, based on the glowing reviews posted here, and in addition, we like to support clubs like this.
Our waitress told us that the haddock was not fresh (meaning not available) and that they were out of hanger steak. Neither had been of interest to me, so this was not a problem. We both had the house salad (a la carte), my companion ordered salmon, and I chicken marsala. The waitress came back and said that salmon was not good either, but they had found one hanger steak. My companion ordered the pork tenderloin.
Our salads came promptly and were large, though slightly under-dressed, all right. Whereupon we waited. About a half-hour later, our entrees arrived. First of all, the "linguine" offered on the menu with the chicken turned out to be regular old spaghetti. The mushrooms and sherry cream sauce were all right, but chicken marsala is a dish that is supposed to be sauteed, not breaded and fried like a weiner schnitzel. Moreover, as soon as I cut into it, I could see that the bottom of the cutlet was burnt to a crisp -- literally black. I flipped it over and removed the breading (and set the evidence aside) in order to eat the chicken. I wasn't going to wait another half-hour for a possibly corrected version.
Meanwhile, my companion struggled with a dried out, very much over-grilled pork tenderloin, charred in places. He did not even make an attempt on his mixed vegetables and fingerling potatoes.
As we finished, the waitress asked if we wanted something more to drink (had each had 1 draft beer) which we did not. I mentioned the burnt chicken breast. The bill deducted 1/2 of my entree price.
I do not get any pleasure out of writing a review like this. I would much rather have a meal and dining experience that I enjoy and can recommend to others. In fact, it makes me sad to have to write this for a place with such a beautiful setting and potential.
I am baffled by the two earlier reviews here on Trip Advisor because usually reviews here are very accurate.
I am sorry to say that our experience was not what they said theirs was.

2  Thank ThreeRosettes70

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Dinning at the Grille was wonder flu experience the menu was great and the food was cooked divine their new executive chef Brian has done wonders with this classic Golf Club Restaurant service was excellent and the ambiance was wonderful they have singing entertainment during the week which is really great

1  Thank charles t
Reviewed 6 June 2014

great menu. food cooked to perfection. view of a beautiful golf course. excellent service. very enjoyable outing.