“Captain Perkins room was great”
Review of Kennebec Inn

Kennebec Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Had a lovely stay in the Kennebec Inn when taking a class at the Shelter institute which is close to Bath. The accommodation was very nice, very clean and spacious. We had a wonderful hostess who served us delicious breakfast each morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I made last-minute reservations for an overnight at the Kennebec. Rachel and Ken are wonderful and warm people, the room we had (the Captain Reed) was clean, spacious and well appointed. Breakfast was more than enough (and I can eat!) and well prepared by Rachel. Price was very reasonable, we thought. In the morning we took a nice walk down to the Hyde school campus with its lovely grounds and all the amenities of Bath are nearby. All-in-all a nice find and we would certainly go there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The inn is very clean and surprisingly quiet, since it is close to Route 1. We wondered what a 3 course breakfast would be. Rachel first served berry-filled mini-turnovers, followed buy a wonderful baked apple with vanilla ice cream. The final course was a delightful cheese omelet with very high quality sausage and hash brown potatoes with a dollop of sour cream. Lots of coffee, OJ and ice water. Our room (America's Cup) had a lot of character and a lot of room. The room could have used a second bedside table with a lamp, but that is a quibble. The bathroom was modern and clean. The hosts were friendly and helpful. In the summer, downtown Bath would be walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I first stayed at the Kennebec Inn in 2009. This week I was delighted to return for my third visit. Rachel always welcomes me like an old friend. She cooks delicious, lavish, elegantly served full breakfasts and keep the inn spotless and cozy. The inn combines historic charm with modern comforts and coveniences, including wifi and some rooms have flatscreen tv. The beds are great. And Rachel could not be more helpful. It's also conveniently located near Maine Maritime Museum, Bath Iron Works and town. I'll definitely stay here again if my work (or vacation) brings me back to Bath.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Probably the best B & B experience of my life! Our host reinvented breakfast each of the four mornings we were there. And what extraordinary breakfasts they were! Wonderful settings inside and outside the house. We will surely return!

Room Tip: We had the smallest room, which was still huge and has windows on 3 sides. Bright, quiet and strateg...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monique B
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Rachel is a very warm and gracious host. She is very knowledgeable about the Bath and mid coast Maine area. The inn is very clean and Rachel makes you feel like you are home. Breakfast like your grandmother used to make.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I had the opportunity to travel to Bath Maine for my job. I stayed three nights at this charming inn!. The room was tastefully decorated and extremely clean. The breakfast each day was homemade and absolutely delicious. Rachel was warm, friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the area. I hope to visit again soon!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank EPBTosaWI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
#3 of 6 in Bath
Middle Street Inn
Middle Street Inn
#5 of 6 in Bath

Been to Kennebec Inn? Share your experiences!