Kennebec Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$190
Residence Inn Bath Brunswick Area(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$64
US$87
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath(Brunswick)(Great Value!)
US$128
Wiscasset Woods Lodge(Wiscasset)(Great Value!)
US$102
Travelers Inn(Brunswick)(Great Value!)
US$68
Relax Inn(Brunswick)
US$69
All reviewsamerica's cupmaritime museumb bbath areadelicious pumpkinpopham beachlaunching pointchocolate chip cookieseggs benedictsteep staircasenext morningperiod furnituredefinitely stay here againpoints of interesteach morningenjoyed our staystate park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at the Kennebec Inn Bed and Breakfast for one night. I wish it were longer! Rachel, the proprietor, is lovely, and so was our room. It was bright, clean, lots of windows, and very comfortable, with a private bathroom. The dining room is large and attractive. I want the kitchen in my home. The breakfast was perfect, and I have celiac, so that was a special treat! I will stay there again, and recommend it to anyone who travels to the Bath, Maine, area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Very welcoming. WONDERFUL breakfast. Extremely clean, well kept and comfortable. Thank you Rachel, Ken and Johnny for being such great hosts. They have good knowledge of the area and made some excellent recommendations for day trips and dinners. Will definetly stay again next time we are in Maine.

Thanks again,
Collin and Heather

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I recently spent three nights at the Kennebec Inn with my sisters, on a sisters' getaway. This was my fifth stay at the Kennebec Inn, but each time before I was just passing through, and I kept thinking, "I'd really like to stay here and explore the area." That's just what we did this time, and we found the inn and the area perfect for our vacation. There's so much to do within a short ride, and Rachel, the innkeeper, was ready with maps and suggestions for us, each morning. She is a friendly and helpful hostess, and she is a creative and loving cook, who spoiled us with amazing breakfasts each day. Our room (and the inn itself) was spotless, comfortable, and tastefully decorated. We were surprised at how much we enjoyed the Maritime Museum, right in Bath, and strolling around in downtown Bath. We also visited the fabulous Botanical Gardens in Boothbay, and the Art Museum at Bowdoin, where we saw a great exhibit of Maurice Pendergast's paintings of coastal scenes, many in Maine. So glad to have found this wonderful B & B!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa080
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We are frequent Bed and Breakfast visitors . Over the years, we have stayed at many fine B&B's in Southern and Mid-coast Maine and Vermont.Several years ago we visited Bath, Maine and stayed at the beautiful Kennebec Inn. I was sharing with Rachel,the gracious innkeeper, that we have never stayed at the same B&B more than once . Even though I have enjoyed many a fine B&B, I am always looking for a new B&B experience even if it in the same town as a wonderful B&B we have enjoyed. However I could not have considered staying anywhere else when my wife and I decided for a return visit to Bath. We stayed in the Captain Reed room for the second time and we were thoroughly delighted with our stay. Having stayed at many fine B&B's, I can confidently say this is one of the best. Beautiful,very spacious rooms, exquisitely clean,wonderful breakfasts and a caring host. Years ago, I did a search of B&B's, with a pool, and discovered the choices are very,very few and this is how we discovered the Kennebec Inn in the first place. The pool and grounds are simply beautiful. Bath Maine is a beautiful quaint New England town with interesting shops and dining spots. We especially enjoy J.R. Maxwell's.The Kennebec Inn in Bath Maine is an excellent launching point to Freeport(L.L.Bean) ,Wiscasset, Damariscotta,and Boothbay Harbour all of which have wonderful shopping in true New England style where the shopkeeper welcomes you and appreciates your business. Rachael recommended we visit the Permaquid Point Lighthouse and it is a not to be missed destination. We have also visited the Popham State Park 's pristine oceanfront beach. The Kennebec Inn is the place to stay and features very fair rates for an exceptional B&B experience

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful.The Captain Reed room is on second floor and is exceptionally quiet. The stairs leading to this room are quite steep as in a historic home, but certainly worth the effort to this fine room. Select any other room if steep stairs would be a challenge.We have looked at all the rooms and all are exceptional. As far as rooms in a historic home go ,all of these are exceptionally roomy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was in the area looking for a house to purchase, and spent 5 days at the Inn. The Inn is beautiful, very clean and tastefully decorated. Each room is different, but all are bright and cheery. My friend and I stayed in the Captain Perkins room which has a king bed plus a twin bed, a sitting area and a dressing area. The room also has it's own entrance to the outside. The beds were very comfortable; the bathroom was spacious and kept extremely clean. The Inn also has a swimming pool out back, and a very large lawn. I can't say enough about how helpful Rachel was. She recommended a Realtor, and also areas in which to concentrate my search. She is a wealth of information regarding places to see in the area, and restaurants for lunch and dinner. Last but not least, she makes the best breakfasts.Ever. I would recommend the Kennebec Inn to anyone who wants a lovely, restful vacation in the beautiful Mid coast of Maine. I hope to return very soon!

Room Tip: The room description on the website are very accurate. There are no bad rooms at the Inn.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends