“Second time just as good as the first”
Review of Kennebec Inn

Kennebec Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Bath B&B and Inns
London, Canada
“Second time just as good as the first”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stopped In Bath on our way back from Bar Harbor and decided on the spur of the moment to see if there was a room available at The Kennebec Inn. Rachel remembered us from last year and had a couple of rooms free so we were in luck. Still has the excellent service as described in my review of last October 2012. It was like visiting an old friend. This time we stayed in the America's Cup Room with a Queen sized bed. It located at the back of inn which was quieted as the inn is located on a busy street. Breakfast was great as before. Keep that smile coming Rachel and it was nice meeting Ken the elusive husband this time!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What an amazing place! Our room was spacious and very comfortable. There were 2 large homemade chocolate chip cookies waiting for us. The owner Rachel was wonderful and immediately made us feel right at home. She gave us great recommendations for dinner, and other places of interest. The inn is a short walk to downtown where there are many shops and restaurants. The breakfast was incredible from the blueberry scones, egg, sweet potato, spinach,
tomato and mushroom frittata, to the apple crisp and whipped cream. Rachel is an fantastic cook!! My husband and I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts over the years and this rates as one of the best!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I cannot say enough about this B&B! My wife and I stayed here two nights in August 2013 and enjoyed every minute. Wonderful hospitality and Rachael was a fantastic host and fantastic cook. Bath is a good central location to visit other areas within an hors drive.

Room Tip: Captain Reed room was great!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at the Kennebec Inn Bed and Breakfast for one night. I wish it were longer! Rachel, the proprietor, is lovely, and so was our room. It was bright, clean, lots of windows, and very comfortable, with a private bathroom. The dining room is large and attractive. I want the kitchen in my home. The breakfast was perfect, and I have celiac, so that was a special treat! I will stay there again, and recommend it to anyone who travels to the Bath, Maine, area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Very welcoming. WONDERFUL breakfast. Extremely clean, well kept and comfortable. Thank you Rachel, Ken and Johnny for being such great hosts. They have good knowledge of the area and made some excellent recommendations for day trips and dinners. Will definetly stay again next time we are in Maine.

Thanks again,
Collin and Heather

• Stayed August 2013
Bergen County, NJ
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I recently spent three nights at the Kennebec Inn with my sisters, on a sisters' getaway. This was my fifth stay at the Kennebec Inn, but each time before I was just passing through, and I kept thinking, "I'd really like to stay here and explore the area." That's just what we did this time, and we found the inn and the area perfect for our vacation. There's so much to do within a short ride, and Rachel, the innkeeper, was ready with maps and suggestions for us, each morning. She is a friendly and helpful hostess, and she is a creative and loving cook, who spoiled us with amazing breakfasts each day. Our room (and the inn itself) was spotless, comfortable, and tastefully decorated. We were surprised at how much we enjoyed the Maritime Museum, right in Bath, and strolling around in downtown Bath. We also visited the fabulous Botanical Gardens in Boothbay, and the Art Museum at Bowdoin, where we saw a great exhibit of Maurice Pendergast's paintings of coastal scenes, many in Maine. So glad to have found this wonderful B & B!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Theresa080
Stratford Ct
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We are frequent Bed and Breakfast visitors . Over the years, we have stayed at many fine B&B's in Southern and Mid-coast Maine and Vermont.Several years ago we visited Bath, Maine and stayed at the beautiful Kennebec Inn. I was sharing with Rachel,the gracious innkeeper, that we have never stayed at the same B&B more than once . Even though I have enjoyed many a fine B&B, I am always looking for a new B&B experience even if it in the same town as a wonderful B&B we have enjoyed. However I could not have considered staying anywhere else when my wife and I decided for a return visit to Bath. We stayed in the Captain Reed room for the second time and we were thoroughly delighted with our stay. Having stayed at many fine B&B's, I can confidently say this is one of the best. Beautiful,very spacious rooms, exquisitely clean,wonderful breakfasts and a caring host. Years ago, I did a search of B&B's, with a pool, and discovered the choices are very,very few and this is how we discovered the Kennebec Inn in the first place. The pool and grounds are simply beautiful. Bath Maine is a beautiful quaint New England town with interesting shops and dining spots. We especially enjoy J.R. Maxwell's.The Kennebec Inn in Bath Maine is an excellent launching point to Freeport(L.L.Bean) ,Wiscasset, Damariscotta,and Boothbay Harbour all of which have wonderful shopping in true New England style where the shopkeeper welcomes you and appreciates your business. Rachael recommended we visit the Permaquid Point Lighthouse and it is a not to be missed destination. We have also visited the Popham State Park 's pristine oceanfront beach. The Kennebec Inn is the place to stay and features very fair rates for an exceptional B&B experience

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful.The Captain Reed room is on second floor and is exceptionally quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
Residence Inn Bath Brunswick Area
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
The Daniel
The Daniel
#1 of 11 in Brunswick
The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern
Pryor House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Kennebec Inn? Share your experiences!