“so good we went twice”

Mateo's Hacienda
Ranked #17 of 51 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Okay, so being from Texas I was a bit apprehensive about having mexican food in a place like Maine, however this place does a great job! Its affordable, well portioned, and the folks working there were very nice. If your looking for a brake from sea food you wont be disappointed! They make there own chips too!!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you love mexican food, this is a restaurant that you must visit. The food from this restaurant is all cooked from scratch and with much care. The portions are generous and worth the money.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This a little hole in the wall, with very friendly staff, where we tired the burritos, tacos, and quesadillas.

I didn't like the tacos. The soft shells were soggy and cold and the tacos were small and lacked flavour. They did not come with sour cream or salsa, which is a deal breaker for me.

Burritos were a little to bland for me, and didn't come with enough sour cream or guacamole despite the face that we paid extra to have them. However, the guys in our group thought they were pretty good and particularly enjoyed the decent sized portions.

The quesadillas were delicious, definitely the best of the bunch, but did not come with sour cream. Had we know they did not come with sour cream we would have ordered extra but we had assumed a quesadillas would come with it, as in most restaurants.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

The tacos were tasty and the staff was friendly. Mexican food does not have a singular "taste" like the previous reviewer noted. We enjoyed the flavor profiles highlighted in the unique salsa and sides, and will return to try other items on the menu. If you are looking for mainstream or typical mexican, look elsewhere. We recommend the Poblano or Pork tacos from what we had so far.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

The place is very tiny. Plan on getting your order to go. I went on the recommendation of a colleague. My choice was a Tequila Lime Chicken burrito with peppers. It was heavy. I weighed it when I got home...1.5 pounds. I was not able to taste the distinct flavors of each ingredient. Perhaps, that is the nature of burritos. If I was in Bath and had an urge for a burrito, I'd go back. I wouldn't make a special trip.